Russian Forces to Provide “Security” At US Events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That link says they will be exchanging experts and sharing information, NOT providing security as your OP indicates.

It clearly states that "the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events." That reads to me like the Russians will be providing security for mass events should we ask for it.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It clearly states that "the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events." That reads to me like the Russians will be providing security for mass events should we ask for it.
In addition, the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events.

exchange of experience in the following:
monitoring and forecasting,
training of rescuers,
development of mine-rescuing,
provision of security at mass events

relevant part is in bold.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In addition, the parties approved of U.S.-Russian cooperation in this field in 2013-2014, which envisages exchange of experience including in monitoring and forecasting emergency situations, training of rescuers, development of mine-rescuing and provision of security at mass events.

exchange of experience in the following:
monitoring and forecasting,
training of rescuers,
development of mine-rescuing,
provision of security at mass events

relevant part is in bold.

Exchange of Experience= personnel

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you guys are right. The Russians will enslave you. They were just waiting on an agreement with FEMA first.

Or if you prefer:

Yes, you guys are right. Your government will enslave you. They were just waiting on an agreement with the Russians first.

Last edited:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exchange of experience does mean people. However, it does not necessarily mean - as you seem to assume it does - whole units or large numbers of personnel. As a former military liaison team member I penned many agreements with other nations' military to "exchange information" (or experience) by having them send observers, which I think is far more likely than what the OP seems to fear, to take part in or just watch US exercises and operations.

The alternative, i.e. Russia sending whole military or police units to run security in any significant numbers is both impractical (language barriers, unfamiliarity with U.S. law, public displeasure), very costly and frankly makes no sense.

In the case of the Poles, I not only think it is a good idea that we train together but an essential thing since we have been fighting side-by-side as part of the Afghanistan military coalition the US put together. Much of that fighting was in cities and against drug lords and their operations. The Polish training (and probably lots of other partners' training) has and should be going on.

I am not saying don't pay attention or don't write to DoD or your Congressman asking for good oversight and clear explanations of purpose, cost, etc. But please don't jump to conclusions not supported by or even completely contrdicted by evidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom