Russians using Mosin-Nagants in Ukraine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is up with the white fabric tied on arms and legs?

also I see no insignia or other arms beyond one rifle.

what is the reported context for the image?
Was in a group of photos on the BBC website of "Russian soldiers in Ukraine." I've seen the white fabric in other photos. Don't know the official explanation, but I'm guessing it's like the white "V" and "Z" markings on the Russian vehicles. A way to quickly identify friend from foe, given that both sides are similarly outfitted and equipped.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the world is gaining a LOT of intelligence about how Russia really is prepared from a military standpoint. man to man and armed as they are they could easily be taken by a well armed and trained force.
I think the world is seeing what the Russians want them to see. Send in the dregs to fool others into overconfidence and when the enemy reacts, counter with your superior forces.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most definitely agree! Also read that the reason no one is allowed near him, like the meetings where there’s about 6-10 at one end of 30’ conference table, and he’s alone at other end, afraid he’ll be taken out… We should be so lucky…. One of the reasons I wouldn’t be surprised of the crazy using bio or tactical nukes… Waiting for our infrastructure to be under cyber attack, including financial institutions, etc.. Don’t know if I’m overly paranoid, but crazy does crazy things.
When they showed all the vehicles lined up on the highway for miles, from the air, in Ukraine, I couldn't help but think of the turkey shoot we had with vehivcles going back to Baghdad! This has happened before, in WW2, when Nazi forces became trapped fleeing Normandy, in the battle of fillets gap. I have heard my dad talk about this, the Brits/Canadians on one side, and the Americans on the other, and only one road open to the east. and many miles of German vehicles lined up! The fighter planes blocked each end, and flew around the clock sorties for two or three days, till they destroyed all of them! These nazi troops had to walk back to their lines, or surrender!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the world is seeing what the Russians want them to see. Send in the dregs to fool others into overconfidence and when the enemy reacts, counter with your superior forces.
You could be right but why would they allow Russian troops to die? Oh, its Russia and everyone is expendable except for the politicians and oligarch-just like here!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in a group of photos on the BBC website of "Russian soldiers in Ukraine." I've seen the white fabric in other photos. Don't know the official explanation, but I'm guessing it's like the white "V" and "Z" markings on the Russian vehicles. A way to quickly identify friend from foe, given that both sides are similarly outfitted and equipped.
I saw on TV where the Ukrainian troops to include civilians who are fighting have ties a yellow piece of material to their arm to identify themselves from the enemy.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putin likely needs the more modern weapons, and better troops, to control the Russian People at home! I hear he is Installing RAZOR WIRE, AND HEAVILY ARMED TROOPS AROUND THE CAPITAL BUILDING, AGAIN? ONLY A TWO BIT TOTALITARIAN REGIME WOULD NEED TO DO THAT, DON'T YOU THINK?
Razor wire around the capital building? Now I know where the Democrats in DC got the idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom