Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it is still a bit early, but here is mine.

Driving home from an evening hunt. Tecumseh rd. 2 miles East of 24 Ave NE in Norman, doe runs from the side of the road across the street. I slow down and here comes a little fork following. Ran right down the middle of the street for a few seconds then off after the doe... Tried to get a Iphone pic but too slow.....

ABCnTul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heyburn on Tuesday I heard some light sparring about an hour before sundown. About 30 minutes later I had a doe with 3 young bucks in the 4-6pt range following one after another. Looks like ML may see some decent activity. At least I hope. That's all I hunt and this is my second year hunting.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It ain't happing at MCAAP either.

This made me chuckle and feel bad for you at the same time.

With rifle opening later than it has the last several years, it will be interesting to see how the rut times out in NW Ok this season as it tends to always peak out on opening weekend of rifle around my parts. *Sigh* The bow hunter in me wishes that just for one season, it wouldn't peak on opening weekend around my parts. (Door opens for arrogant bow hunter remarks)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This made me chuckle and feel bad for you at the same time.

With rifle opening later than it has the last several years, it will be interesting to see how the rut times out in NW Ok this season as it tends to always peak out on opening weekend of rifle around my parts. *Sigh* The bow hunter in me wishes that just for one season, it wouldn't peak on opening weekend around my parts. (Door opens for arrogant bow hunter remarks)

Not sure what the norm is for se OK but when ever I've been to MCAAP on the first two weekends of Nov, they've been chasing and/or fighting pretty hard. At home, up north, I see the most wandering by bucks the about the same time............weather depending on whether it happens during the day or night, usually chasing hard around Nov. 10-14ish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom