Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of us mature bucks still do this. :D

Yes they do, especially in oklahoma...
i.imgur.com_SJfdAyF.gif

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer are doing what deer do. They have made some scrapes. The bucks are also seen together as well. That is because they are not breeding yet.

I am seeing the same thing. I had two 8 pts come in together and leave chasing does together, but the does weren't the least bit interested. One of the bucks came back and made a scrape under the tree I was in.

If my memory is correct, this time last year was HOT (like 90 degrees), and the wind was blowing hard out of the south. The only reason I remember is because the buck I ended up killing was at my stand in the daylight for the first time, and I was hunting a different stand due to the wind being totally wrong. The buck finally showed back up in the daylight on Sat. evening November 3rd, and that was his fatal mistake.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am seeing the same thing. I had two 8 pts come in together and leave chasing does together, but the does weren't the least bit interested. One of the bucks came back and made a scrape under the tree I was in.

If my memory is correct, this time last year was HOT (like 90 degrees), and the wind was blowing hard out of the south. The only reason I remember is because the buck I ended up killing was at my stand in the daylight for the first time, and I was hunting a different stand due to the wind being totally wrong. The buck finally showed back up in the daylight on Sat. evening November 3rd, and that was his fatal mistake.

Yep, daughter and myself sat in the tall grass next to a puddle of a pond for most of ML season catching deer coming to water. Winds were 30mph+ several of those days.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This made me chuckle and feel bad for you at the same time.

With rifle opening later than it has the last several years, it will be interesting to see how the rut times out in NW Ok this season as it tends to always peak out on opening weekend of rifle around my parts. *Sigh* The bow hunter in me wishes that just for one season, it wouldn't peak on opening weekend around my parts. (Door opens for arrogant bow hunter remarks)

I'm with ya.. The full moon in November is really late this season, dunno how it will effect hunting.. I'm just hoping for cooler weather in November compared to the last three seasons.. Best hunting in always have around here is from oct 31-nov 15th.. The bucks are really moving then, then lock down comes and it sucks..

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rubs everywhere. Saw at least 100 or more. Found half dozen or so big scrapes. Placed a trail cam on the largest one Saturday night. Sunday morning we had two different bucks on the same scrap around 9am.

My oldest boy missed a 20 yard shot on the biggest and and widest 8 point I have seen in a long long time. He is pretty bummed. We saw many 2.5 year old bucks, but they all walk till they turn 4.5, minimum. The big deer was chasing a little forkie and grunting loudly at him.

While building a two man ladder stand this afternoon a doe walked by us about 60 yards away. There were four of us making all kinds of noise. LOL

100 or more scrapes? kripes man, how much land are we talking about here? I don't know that I've ever seen even close to that many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom