Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
because someones friends brothers dad saw a dink yearling buck bumping a fawn around by their corn pile, and they say rut is "gonna be early" this yr..lol happens every season..

...and then sometime there is proof.

i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_IMAG0102_zpsfed5fd54.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like that little guy sometimes. We had a little buck fawn that put on a show for us during the youth hunt this weekend. He went around to four different does and would hump up on anything that would stand still. Gotta give him a little credit!

Sat in the stand last night and had 4 large bucks pass through, all were on their own. One of them was a shooter at 30 yards, but he had broken off his entire G2 on his right side, so he wasn't worth burning a tag for a damaged rack.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Due to the rain this morning, I ended up sitting not where I wanted to go. Was between bedding and milo and only saw 2 doe and fawn. I walked in early in the dark....when walked out at noon, due to the wind switching, there were scrapes and rubs every 30y all the way out. No bucks moving here this morning, leaves haven't changed yet..........couple weeks out yet.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Due to the rain this morning, I ended up sitting not where I wanted to go. Was between bedding and milo and only saw 2 doe and fawn. I walked in early in the dark....when walked out at noon, due to the wind switching, there were scrapes and rubs every 30y all the way out. No bucks moving here this morning, leaves haven't changed yet..........couple weeks out yet.

I posted in another thread that my Dad and Uncle didn't see much either, and according to the activity on my cameras, this was the worst morning for deer movement in a while.

Good luck this evening!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw 3 coyotes hunting the edge of the food plot at daylight. Didn't even see a doe.
Wind forced me to move to another location, so as we speak, I have two does eating some apples that I threw out this afternoon.

It's kind of fuzzy, but I had this buck 20 yards in front of me for an hour last night.

image-2273882455.jpg

edit: the bucks are moving tonight!
Just took a video of 2, 8 points and 5 does/fawns.
Just about pulled the trigger on one, but it's way to early.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom