Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, it's been an hour. Did you shoot him? Lol

I've got a lot of video of all the bucks and does I saw tonight, with a new vid camera. This windows 8 has me so frustrated, I just about threw the laptop over the back fence. 6 bucks and 6 does in the food plot at last light, and at last count I saw 7 bucks. Big daddy slipped in 5 minutes after legal shooting light was over.
3" outside his ears from what I could see. Couldn't get a good count or look at tines as it was just too dark, but the body was huge compared to the others he was with.

The biggest 8 point was probably 3 1/2 with lots of mass, and a perfect rack, but not outside the ears. Maybe next year.
I was pinned in the blind until almost 8 pm, until they all finally wandered off.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two doe and a fawn early this morning and nothing till noon. Wind switched, went to the truck had lunch, 45 min nap, back in another stand. Hunted it last tuesday evening, zero scrapes or rubs, tonight it looks like a scrape and rub minefield. Had 11 doe, 3 fawns spend from 4:30-5:45 milling around me and food pile, then they headed out to cut milo. Had a really nice buck, tall, wide, split brows about 7" tall...............absolutely zero mass, younger deer. He stepped into view at only 10y away, so by the time I looked at his body, then rack, body again.......it was to late to get my cell phone on him for a pic. Got his counter part though, he's got the crazy eye and no left antler already....which I thought was a little unusual for this early. Couple other vermin today as well.

Make sure the volume's up...................hoof to the forehead! Can't get it to embed for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnjO6QbgkI&feature=youtu.be

let me give it a whirl...

Last edited by a moderator:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had a spike cruise through at 7 yards, nose to the ground. He was like an upland hunting dog zig zagging across talks and doubling back. Lol I should have informed him the ladies ain't ready.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some trail cam photos of a smaller 8 point chasing down a doe on the 24th. I also watched 2 different bucks from my stand chasing this weekend. And finally one other 8 point on a clear mission to find does. All he did was sniff around the ground and when he lifted his head, he was watching straight up hill toward the does bedding areas.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep...on like donkey kong! My brother had 2 big bucks run across the road in front of him tonight on the way home from my house chasing does. The guys I talked to at McAAP from last weekend said Sunday they started seeing some action. I'll be there in Deer Creek this weekend. Wish me luck!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep...on like donkey kong! My brother had 2 big bucks run across the road in front of him tonight on the way home from my house chasing does. The guys I talked to at McAAP from last weekend said Sunday they started seeing some action. I'll be there in Deer Creek this weekend. Wish me luck!

You will be the first on this board to have success if you get one. Good luck! (maybe I shouldn't have said that, as my luck wasn't good)

Latest posts

Top Bottom