Rut Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except for this morning, all the deer we've seen since Friday have been between 10am-2pm.

My cameras would agree with that. Checked for the first time in over a week and they were packed with deer at the times the feeders go off, 7 am and 7 pm, but caught a lot of bucks on camera moving from 10-12 pm. Sorry you had no luck at McAlester. Sucks to get drawn for that place and not see anything good!

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same here. We're getting movement at night, bucks have no reason to move during daylight hours right now. We got our first frost at both properties this weekend. It's already showing in prarie grasses and cover. Things are starting to shut down for the winter, so we are expecting to see pressure on the rise through ML season, peaking at - you guessed it. opening weekend of gun season.

On a positive note, our rackmaster plot is really coming into it's own now.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rubs everywhere. Saw at least 100 or more. Found half dozen or so big scrapes. Placed a trail cam on the largest one Saturday night. Sunday morning we had two different bucks on the same scrap around 9am.

My oldest boy missed a 20 yard shot on the biggest and and widest 8 point I have seen in a long long time. He is pretty bummed. We saw many 2.5 year old bucks, but they all walk till they turn 4.5, minimum. The big deer was chasing a little forkie and grunting loudly at him.

While building a two man ladder stand this afternoon a doe walked by us about 60 yards away. There were four of us making all kinds of noise. LOL

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have many active scrapes, some approx. 4 feet square, on my farm. The bucks are running some during the day as I saw one around 4:30 streak across my pasture last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom