S&W M&P9c impressons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I finally shot my new pistol. I must say I like it. I'm not in love with the caliber but I think once the gun smooths up a little I'll be happy.

I was dancing all around the target and being really jerky at first.

After I put one mag through it I came inside and dry fired it a little to get used to the trigger press and stop jerking it around.

Back outside I stuck up a shoot-n-c and stepped off 15 yards. Out of 13 rounds I had 2 cuttin the bullseye, 2 about 1.5" left and 6 about 5" high, and 3 flyers. Overall not bad seeing how I always shoot high-left and that was at a fairly quick pace.

I really like the safety on mine. It's just reasuring when you stick it in your front pocket. The trigger takes some getting used to, but it's compairable with a glock or xd, with a definitive travel and that point where you know it'll go bang if you press through. It's a good defensive trigger.

The gun needs to be shot to smooth on up and I tend to do that as weather permits; I hate shooting with cold hands.

Now, does anyone have a suggestion for me to fix my high-left problem? I know it's in my grip, but I don't know what part.

Any questions for me?

H-one-five

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of grip are you using? Crush grip? Standard lapping thumbs as on a revolver? Also, how much of your index finger are you using to control the trigger? I am by far not an expert, but these are all the things i have had to look at to correct my high and left problem.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just smoothed up my trigger in about 5 minutes. I was really bothered by the real "gritty" feel of the take up on the trigger so I took the fine stone from my knife sharpening kit and just lightly smoothed out the trigger bar that trips the sear and deactivates the firing pin safety. Looking at it with the slide off you'll just see two peices of metal sticking up. The one leading back to the trigger (trigger bar) is what causes the gritty feel. Just lightly smooth out the angled surface that contacts the firing pin safety (round thing on the underside of the slide) and it'll take care of it pretty quick. Just be sure not to take any metal off. All that needs done is a little smoothing of the surface.

Don't harp on my for not knowing what everything is called. I'm no gunsmith so you don't have to take my word for it. I just like fine tuning things that are within my capabilities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom