S&W Model 10 Snubbie Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey wheel gun gurus, I'm looking for some info on the gun in the title. Are these things worth the extra round over a J frame? I really like the looks of them. Specifically the round butt blued models. Thanks guys!!

apics.gunbroker.com_GB_150530000_150530028_pix427689187.gif

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a J-Frame 442 and a K-Frame 64 (which is a SS model 10). I like both of them, but the 64 is quite a bit bigger and a lot heavier than the Airweight J-Frame.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you're probably aware of this, but that K-frame will shoot about a zillion rounds without loosening up (std. pressure). An Airweight J will loosen up if you can stand to put enough rounds through it. Aluminum just isn't going to hang like steel will.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you're probably aware of this, but that K-frame will shoot about a zillion rounds without loosening up (std. pressure). An Airweight J will loosen up if you can stand to put enough rounds through it. Aluminum just isn't going to hang like steel will.

True story.

However...

If you're one of those who "carries a lot and shoots a little" but you're wanting the "safety and security" of the 6th round, get yourself a Colt Cobra. It's an airweight (aluminim) mid-size revolver...bigger than a J frame but smaller than a K frame and it holds that all important 6th round.

Avoid a the +P ammo in this lil' feller too. ;)

[Broken External Image]

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True story.

However...

If you're one of those who "carries a lot and shoots a little" but you're wanting the "safety and security" of the 6th round, get yourself a Colt Cobra. It's an airweight (aluminim) mid-size revolver...bigger than a J frame but smaller than a K frame and it holds that all important 6th round.

Avoid a the +P ammo in this lil' feller too. ;)

[Broken External Image]
I got one of those! Only it's the steel version. Detective Special, and has those same exact grips.

Dustin, like LDP said, GET IT!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love my bodyguard. I am in lust with that model 10 I posted. I think the proportions are perfect on it. Plus when the warden offs himself near the end of the Shawshank Redemption he uses one just like it. I don't know why that attracts me to it more but it does.