S&W Model 10 Snubbie Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get it, if you like the j-frame you will love this pistol.

I am seeking a model 12 with a 2 inch barrel. It's the same as the model 10 but with the alloy frame.

K-frame +'s, easier to shoot, stronger frame, normally a better trigger, more durable with constant shooting and +1 cartridge.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love my bodyguard. I am in lust with that model 10 I posted. I think the proportions are perfect on it. Plus when the warden offs himself near the end of the Shawshank Redemption he uses one just like it. I don't know why that attracts me to it more but it does.

I remember that.

You are not alone. That scene makes me want another one everytime I see it.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are three near perfect concealable carry revolvers. I've owned and/or shot all of them. They are, in order of size:

1. S&W 640, 642, 442. I prefer the non-.357 mag version in this gun.

2. Colt Detective Special or Agent. Just a little bigger than a J-frame for 1 more round in the cylinder.

3. S&W 66 in 3". Bigger than choice #1 or #2, but very shootable, even with .357 Mag rounds.

Choice #1 lacks positive full length case ejection with the rod. Less than a forceful punch on its rod may leave a fired case stuck between the bottom of the star and the cylinder body.

The Mod. 10 would fall in between my choices #2 & #3. I do think I'd rather have the 3" vs the 2" barrel for the very slight gain in weight.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Find a 13 3" round butt.

The 10 is considerably heavier than the Airweight J's, but it is easier to shoot well for normal people (sorry GED!).

Or, find yourself a 2 3/4" Speed Six, shoot .357s, and still never worry about wearing it out.

shooterdc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A fellow I worked for a few years back had a S&W M12, 2 inch snubby. I tried & tried to talk him out of it, but to no avail. That was a sweet revolver!
Are you still looking for one? I have a model 686, 2 3/4" barrel, .357mag. It can also handle the .38 spl and .38+P round. Stainless with Houge grips and a red ramp front sight - 6 shot.

You interested? :Heya: