S&W22 Victory Pistol, a Ruger knock-off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One has to spend a couple hundred $$ to get a 4lb trigger on a Ruger or Buckmark.

I AM NOT trying to flame or disrespect you but I have put a Volquartsen Drop In Sear into a Ruger MKII and got a 24oz. trigger pull according to the gunsmith's RCBS trigger pull gauge/scale. I put a have Volquartsen Target Hammer in a 10/22 rifle and got a trigger pull of about 2 to 2.5lbs. And I have also put a Volquartsen Target sear on a Ruger 77/22 rifle and also got a trigger pull of about 2 to 2.5lbs. At the time that I had did these, they were all in the range of about $20-$30(some were on sale). And for the most part, they were almost all drop in fit operations. The 77/22 rifle took about 10 to 15 minutes of polishing to bring it up to snuff. You might want to give the Rimfire Sport & Custom website a looksee as they have a lot of aftermarket items for a number of different manufacturers/firearms. I at one time had a Smith 41 and I would not say the Ruger shot any better than the Smith, but they shot about the same, IMHO. I will say the 41 did have better ergonomics and had better aesthetics than the Ruger. I have also found that, IMHO, any MKII or MKIII really benefits from the installation of a set of thumb-rest grips(Hogue rubber or Ruger factory wood).

LINK:
Rimfire Sports & Custom

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the prices you are.
Interesting link you have. I'll check it out. I had an issue with my Mark III hunter at a match awhile back with an aftermarket trigger assembly. After completing the stage, walking back to the table to unload and show clear, the gun went off on its own. The RO, and three in the peanut gallery saw my finger outside the trigger area. I carry it that way for a reason. A failed spring caused the issue according to the Smith that looked at it afterward.

Standard Configurations
[VC2AK-B] Accurizing Kit, MKII, Black
Add to Cart Retail $115.00
[VC2AK-B-ST] Accurizing Kit, MKII, Black, Stainless Trigger
Add to Cart Retail $125.00
[VC2AK-S] Accurizing Kit, MKII, Silver

48-mkii-mkiii-accurizing-kit.jpg

MKII/MKIII Accurizing Kit
Close

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the prices you are.

Standard Configurations
[VC2AK-B] Accurizing Kit, MKII, Black
[VC2AK-B-ST] Accurizing Kit, MKII, Black, Stainless Trigger
Add to Cart Retail $125.00
[VC2AK-S] Accurizing Kit, MKII, Silver

MKII/MKIII Accurizing Kit
Close

I am not talking about buying whole kits, I am speaking to individual MKII&III Volquartsen Drop In Sears(Price: $27.95), Volquartsen individual 10/22 Target Hammers(Price:$35.95) and individual Volquartsen 77/22 Target Sears(Price: $32.95). I didn't see the need to buy the whole kit and they all worked when installed.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another cheap Volquarten part for Ruger aftermarket items(really worth the money) is the Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor(Price: $12.95 for the Ruger 10/22, Mark II and Mark III (including the 22/45 version) pistols). It sure solves a lot of the FTE problems. So far all the parts that I have installed have operated correctly with no accidental discharges or problems. I only install drop in parts and NEVER do any stoning or metal removal(other than very light polishing with 1000 to 2000 grit wet/dry emery cloth/paper). BTW, I have dealth with Rimfire Sports & Custom for a long time(not recently however) and have always gotten very good service from them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom