Safe Technician Recommendations in the OKC Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, on some of the safes with an electronic keypad, there is a button on the inside of the safe door on the hinge side. If you can reach the button with a slim-jim or similar flat flexible piece of metal, you can reset the combination without opening the door.

SRB

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 20-year-old Cannon gun safe electronic keypad and lock died and I need to have it drilled in order to open it. I have tried new Duracell alkaline batteries and an identical working keypad, but have been unable to get the safe to open. I have spoken with Cannon and their customer service is sending me a new keypad and lock. Since the Cannon warranty for labor on an electronic keypad and lock is only one year, I am going to be responsible for the expense of having a safe technician drill and open the safe. Cannon customer service refused to give me the names of any safe technicians they use in the OKC area. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good safe technician to drill and open my safe? I am also going to see if they can replace the lock with a mechanical dial lock. I realize any lock can have a problem, but I believe a mechanical dial lock will be more reliable in the long run. I appreciate any recommendations for a safe technician to help me.
Took a plasma cutter to the back of mine
Everything worked out fine.

outlawfirearms

Marksman
Reaction score
Also, on some of the safes with an electronic keypad, there is a button on the inside of the safe door on the hinge side. If you can reach the button with a slim-jim or similar flat flexible piece of metal, you can reset the combination without opening the door.
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't recall seeing any buttons in that area when I've had the safe open and Cannon customer service never mentioned it as well. However, I'll check it out.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to cut the safe open, use a cut off wheel and go through the side. We had a crackhead open a safe at a pharmacy that way, peeled it like a sardine can. The steel is real thin there, probably 16GA or less. Plasma cutter will get too hot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom