Sand Bass Yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind was too high t enjoy the lake yesterday but my brother, nephew and I went out for a bit and drifted Red River just below the damn. Kept 7 blues that averaged about 5 pounds. Hoping to get out on the lake and load up on crappie later in the week though.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made a quick fishing trip on my lunch break today. Caught 2 male sand bass as they were chasing minnows in the shallows. Waiting on the females to show up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i was short on time and just fished two mile for a little bit. mainly just looking for a field report and spoke with some locals that were only catching a few small males. didn't check three mile

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 1 hour to fish. Made the best of it. Caught them in 4' on a double jig head rig with white curly tail grubs. Had to bounce it slow along the bottom and still had several missed swipes.
77948538a3c82cfbfac924966f4d00c6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
22 on Friday and another dozen yesterday. Could have done better I think but the wind has been brutal this weekend which has limited me to trolling. What I really wanted to do was go catch a mess of crappie on minnows but the wind and tha anchor wouldn't cooperate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom