Sand Bass???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you use for sandies?
Its been a long time since I fished for them.
As I remember they liked roostertails.
Must be what the crowds below Keystone dam were after yesterday.

okiearmory

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several people have told me the Spring River above Grand is real good right now for sand bass if you dare get your boat out in this wind. Anyone been out fishing for sand bass this week?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Guys that were catching them last week at Canton said it's slowed to a a crawl with the temp drop. Water temps dropped 5* in three days.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from canton. Drove down to 'two mile' and started toward the lake. The closer we got the bigger and more frequent the fish were. Used a white shad plastic and got after it. Two of us lugged 26 2-3 pound fish back to the truck.
I'll post some pics later
Just now getting back to this. I hear they released water from FT. Supply. The defined river channel will be lost in the mud flats. There was a burn off of the reeds and we could walk all the way to the lake. Usually you are forced to fish upstream because of the reeds. they can be almost impossible. Conditions were absolutely perfect for us.

Last edited:

okiearmory

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone tried behind the dam at Keystone lately? I have to go to an appointment tomorrow morning in Cleveland and could stop by Keystone Dam after lunch if it is worth my time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom