Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Except it does have the Star of David on it

There are plenty of Stars of David on grave markers in Arlington. That doesn't make the marker a religious symbol. It conveys something about the individual. Similarly, a Star of David on the Ten Commandments carries the cultural reference as to the origin of the legal code.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What they didn't do is put up a ... star of David

There are plenty of Stars of David on grave markers in Arlington. That doesn't make the marker a religious symbol. It conveys something about the individual. Similarly, a Star of David on the Ten Commandments carries the cultural reference as to the origin of the legal code.

So by your second statement, do you wish to retract your first implying the Star of David is a a religious statement? I am not sure your position on the monument. I'll concede that these things are okay on a personal grave marker, but do they really have a place on our Capitol??

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

So what's the problem with putting a pentagram on a tasteful manument (their words not mine)? It just shows the cultural reference as to the origin of the monument. It just conveys something about the individuals that donated it.

I'd be welling to accept the argument that the Ten on the capital aren't inherently religious if they didn't include the first 4.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So by your second statement, do you wish to retract your first implying the Star of David is a a religious statement?

Nope.

I am not sure your position on the monument. I'll concede that these things are okay on a personal grave marker, but do they really have a place on our Capitol??

I'm not real religious. I don't see the need for folks on either side to get all rabid about the Ten Commandments. A historical example or reminder of legal traditions isn't hurting anything, even if it has religious origins. If it was Greek and referred to Zeus, nobody would care; just like how there are statues or other depictions of Greek and Roman gods on many Capitol or other government buildings.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what's the problem with putting a pentagram on a tasteful manument (their words not mine)? It just shows the cultural reference as to the origin of the monument. It just conveys something about the individuals that donated it.

I'd be welling to accept the argument that the Ten on the capital aren't inherently religious if they didn't include the first 4.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Is there a satanic legal tradition that was codified a few thousand years ago?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is there a satanic legal tradition that was codified a few thousand years ago?

Why do they have to be thousands if years old to count? They have their own version of the Commandments that seem to fit as easily in our legal system as well or better than the Judeo christan Ten. In fact some of these seem to fit the general consensus of OSA attitudes.

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

So since they just codified the law of the jungle, but did it in the 1960's they have no meaning and no validity?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per the law that would seem to be cut and dry.

What doesn't seem to be so cut and dry is the National Cathedral chartered by Congress and ran by a specific denomination, you know the one with the chief storm trooper on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_National_Cathedral

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_c_c2_Darth_vader_grotesque.jpg

I'm referring to the Oklahoma Constitution, which is separate and more specific than the United States Constitution. You can't just ignore a state's Constitution and defer to the federal Constitution.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is why I don't understand why so many Christians get so bent out of shape. It's like dying. I don't want to. I don't to leave my family and friends, but in the end what does it matter? I'll see them again.

As a Christian, I want everyone to receive Christ's grace, but I am respectful enough of my fellow man and my country to not force my beliefs on others.

Bottom line though, really... I've read the end of the Book...

Satan loses!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and loving my Cyclone!

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm referring to the Oklahoma Constitution, which is separate and more specific than the United States Constitution. You can't just ignore a state's Constitution and defer to the federal Constitution.

I wasn't trying to, I agreed with you assessment earlier about the issue of it(the monument) being on public property. Just trying to initiate further discussion(stir the pot) and thought the Cathedral was an interesting subject that several here might take a bite of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom