savage 93 vs marlin 17HMR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Savage and love it. My boss has the Marlin and swears by it. I think both are good rifles but I think the trigger on the Savage is the tie breaker.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two savage 17's and I love them. A good friend of mine has a marlin and after shooting his i am glad I bought the savage. After shooting my savages my buddy said he wished he had bought a savage instead of the marlin. The trigger on the savage is much better than the marlin.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the Savage 93BTVLSS and absolutely love it. The trigger is crisp with a super clean break. Popping prairie dogs out at 250 yrds any day they'll stay out of the ground. Cousin has since ordered the TR and TRR-SR... Fantastic firepower from Savage these days. Accutrigger is a must though:)

Haven't shot the Marlin, couldn't offer any insight to it at all.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Savage 93 and would agree it feels like junk, loose bolt, loose mag... but it shoots VERY accurate out to 200yds. Trigger is what sold me on it but I now have a new favorite in my rimfire collection. CZ 455.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/CZ455VarmintThumbholeSSTFluted/

They make one of the best out of the box 22lr rifles I've ever seen. Heard some people do little to no modding and make competition rifles out of them. This rifle in a 17hmr is by far the best rimfire I've ever shot. Solid performer and this year's model now comes in the single set trigger. If you don't know about this trigger, I would suggest finding one of CZ's larger hunting caliber rifles and testing it.

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a savage. The magazines don't seat without a hard push followed by a click. They are very accurate and the bolt on mine is fine. I love the gun and can't quit shooting it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom