Savage rebarrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a savage 110 variant in 270 win (it's not at the house right now so I can't tell which variant). I'm kicking around swapping it to 220 swift. Does anybody know if the bolt face and extractor for my current rifle will work with 220 swift? What about the internal magazine since 220 swift is semi rimmed? Are there any variables I'm leaving out that I need to consider?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bolt face and extractor will work. The mag should work as well. Might catch on the third round or so but you'd have to get it completed to know. That problem could be corrected by opening the feed lips by a thousandth or so. Just when loading a swift be diligent to ensure you stack the cartridges just ahead of each other for smooth reliable feeding. It's a great caliber and among my favorites. I really like mcgowen barrels for a savage build. And highly recommend going back with a trued recoil lug and barrel nut. The recoil lug and nuts from here have been top notch. http://northlandshooterssupply.com
Good luck. And if you decide to go that route I have go-no go gauges somewhere. Have to find them but I'd be happy to loan them too you. I have literally volumes of load data for that cartridge after 20 plus years of hand loading for it as well. Good luck.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom