SB Stabilizing Brace for AK pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't get "hemmed up" either. Not illegal. I can put my .44 magnum revolver to my shoulder and shoot it if I wish, doesn't make it a rifle. Of that was the case all the people on YouTube shooting these and the AR pistol variants would be in jail.

Chances are in Oklahoma you're right. There could be a chance that you run into a cop having a bad day who doesn't care what the law says, but will arrest by what he sees and you arguing would escalate it... but again not likely in most parts in OK.

With that said, a separate argument... just because it's "legal" or not "illegal" doesn't prevent a cop making it a very bad day and arresting you anyways telling you to prove it to the judge. It's still time and money out of your pocket. Chances are the DA won't prosecute and charges dropped, though.

In Washington state, people have been arrested for using the sig brace as a stock. Police there have been reported to say that they will arrest anyone seen who misuses the sig brace as a stock.

Anyways, enjoy the SB. They're fun to shoot pistols with.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With that said, a separate argument... just because it's "legal" or not "illegal" doesn't prevent a cop making it a very bad day and arresting you anyways telling you to prove it to the judge. It's still time and money out of your pocket. Chances are the DA won't prosecute and charges dropped, though.

In Washington state, people have been arrested for using the sig brace as a stock. Police there have been reported to say that they will arrest anyone seen who misuses the sig brace as a stock.

Arrested by who? I thought the ATF was the only one that could police such issues.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Statute said:
DEFINITIONS
A. “Sawed-off shotgun” shall mean any firearm capable of discharging a series of projectiles of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury, with a barrel or barrels less than eighteen (18) inches in length, and using either gunpowder, gas or any means of rocket propulsion.
B. “Sawed-off rifle” shall mean any rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than sixteen (16) inches in length or any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such a weapon as modified has an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches in length, including the stock portion.
C. Every person who has in his possession or under his immediate control a sawed-off shotgun or a sawed-off rifle, whether concealed or not, shall upon conviction be guilty of a felony for the possession of such device, and shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), or imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for a period not to exceed two (2) years, or both such fine and imprisonment.
D. It is a defense to prosecution under this section, if the approved application form that authorized the making or transfer of the particular firearm to the defendant, which indicates the registration of the firearm to said defendant pursuant to the National Firearm's Act, is introduced.

The ATF is the only one that can regulate the manufacture or making of NFA items. States still have the right to say whether they can be possessed within its borders and LEO's across the country are required to enforce the laws of their jurisdiction.... no matter how f*ck*ng stupid some of them are.

What a world it would be if only the ATF could arrest you for sawing off a shotgun, making your own suppressor, or converting your AR to FA. It would either be a utopia for enthusiasts or they would have 10-100x the number of agents to police alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the AR version on a 10.5" 9mm. It is awesome. It is pretty solid. My receiver extension is a small diameter, so I had to wrap a layer of Gorilla tape around it before I pushed it on. Yes, it works very well.

So here is some food for thought, and by all means, correct me if I am wrong:

I can legally carry around this pistol. If I owned and NFA items, such as an SBR, I could not carry it around. Like I said: correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was going to get one for my M92 PAP PV but I'm decided to weld a 6.5 barrel extension and install a triangle side folder. When my SBR stamp gets in ill just file off the tac and put a QD suppressor mount on.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can legally carry around this pistol. If I owned and NFA items, such as an SPR, I could not carry it around. Like I said: correct me if I am wrong.

Since your 'pistol' does not meet the requirements to be open or concealed carried under the OK SDA, both of our firearms (your pistol and my SBR) are treated in the same manner under Oklahoma law. Anywhere you I am legally allowed to be in possession of a rifle, I am allowed to have my SBR.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chances are in Oklahoma you're right. There could be a chance that you run into a cop having a bad day who doesn't care what the law says, but will arrest by what he sees and you arguing would escalate it... but again not likely in most parts in OK.

I have the ATF approval letter folded up inside the straps on the cuff. No worries

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Statute said:
D. It is a defense to prosecution under this section, if the approved application form that authorized the making or transfer of the particular firearm to the defendant, which indicates the registration of the firearm to said defendant pursuant to the National Firearm's Act, is introduced.

I truly hope you never have an issue with a LEO and your pistol because, per the ATF, approval letters like that only apply to the individual that originally sent the inquiry (his name was whited out on the form that Sig Sauer and SB Tactical are using) and that letter is not the affirmative defense that a ATF Form 1 would be. Good luck.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since your 'pistol' does not meet the requirements to be open or concealed carried under the OK SDA, both of our firearms (your pistol and my SBR) are treated in the same manner under Oklahoma law. Anywhere you I am legally allowed to be in possession of a rifle, I am allowed to have my SBR.

See, this is why I have you guys!

Latest posts

Top Bottom