SB Stabilizing Brace for AK pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, once you have the brace strapped to your arm, you cannot look down the sights in the traditional manner since you cannot shoulder the weapon. As a makeshift stock, I guess it will work....but it's not perfect.

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else have one of these yet? I just got mine in today and installed on my Yugo PAP92 PV. I'm not sure about the whole "brace" idea but it does seem like it will make a good "stock". I'll have a better idea when I get some range time with it.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...s/sb47-stabilizing-brace-detail.html?Itemid=0

That thing is fugly and dont see how that is any different than a stock. Calling it a brace as some loophole is not going to hold up, and I prefer they make an example out of someone else than me trying to pass this off as not being a stock.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ATF is the only one that can regulate the manufacture or making of NFA items. States still have the right to say whether they can be possessed within its borders and LEO's across the country are required to enforce the laws of their jurisdiction.... no matter how f*ck*ng stupid some of them are.

What a world it would be if only the ATF could arrest you for sawing off a shotgun, making your own suppressor, or converting your AR to FA. It would either be a utopia for enthusiasts or they would have 10-100x the number of agents to police alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives.

I think you saved me from myself here. When I have my NFA items I won't tell any LEO'S to pound sand now!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, once you have the brace strapped to your arm, you cannot look down the sights in the traditional manner since you cannot shoulder the weapon. As a makeshift stock, I guess it will work....but it's not perfect.

Not perfect, but not bad either.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strap it to your arm and it's legal. Shoulder it and it becomes an unregistered SBR. Fine line.

ummmmmmmm. no

the submitted forearm brace, when attached to a firearm does not convert that weapon to be fired from the shoulder and would not alter the classification of a pistol or other firearm. While a firearm so equipped would still be regulated by the Gun Control Act, such a firearm would NOT BE subject to NFA controls.

so, hypothetical. gun is leaning against your bed.....BGs break in. youre gonna take the time to strap it to your arm right?!?!?!?!!?? end of discussion

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Washington state, people have been arrested for using the sig brace as a stock. Police there have been reported to say that they will arrest anyone seen who misuses the sig brace as a stock.

Do you have a link to your source? I'm still active on a couple of Washington gun forums where the brace has been discussed a lot and I haven't heard about arrests or threats. Since WA prohibits SBRs, this brace has become quite popular.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a link to your source? I'm still active on a couple of Washington gun forums where the brace has been discussed a lot and I haven't heard about arrests or threats. Since WA prohibits SBRs, this brace has become quite popular.

My google-fu is far from weak and I spent an hour or more looking a few days ago and couldn't find anything on an arrest. I have seen 1st hand reports on a forum in CA stating that a LEO warned a shooter at a range not to shoulder it or he would be arrested. Don't have the time to find the link at the moment but I believe it was a park ranger and that should help aid in your search if you are so inclined.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using a butter-knife as a screwdriver holds true to this argument. I saw where a range-officer wouldn't let a guy in CA use the Sig Braced Pistol, but have heard nothing of the sorts on Washington, or any other place. And the letter from the ATF works for everyone, not just the person who is whited out. A lot of misinformation floating in this thread.

Race

New to the site!
Reaction score
I say just do the out doing anything stupid and call BS BS! Have later with you to inform uneducated LEO. Have fun shooting and encourage LEO to shoot your pistol with brace and he will see what it's all about. Antiquated gun laws!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom