School me on the M1 Garand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinray649

Marksman
Reaction score
You will love the garand. A bit heavy but beautiful in so many ways. I have only one that sadly I will be selling soon but once life settles I also plan to get another one.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DT, your 5 digit SG was definitely a good one. My last 3 SG rifles have been VERY nice shooter rifles, though I personally like armory rebuilds more. All 3 of these have new CMP wood, which has a nice look and locks up tight. If it comes with CMP wood, you may need to do a little fitting. I would check out the CMP forums and the WTS ads or just send in a CMP order if I were you. I would also do it before the end of the month due to the CEO announcing another price increase in January.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations! More detailed pics and information would be great when you have a chance. What are the ME/TE numbers? Any rebuild marks on the receiver legs?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing them. Make sure you get plenty of ammo/clips and get us a range report. Nothing beats opening up a CMP green case to see what kind of prize you got!

Latest posts

Top Bottom