SCOTUS Healthcare Ruling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KWTV - NEWS 9
BREAKING NEWS: U.S. Supreme Court issues ruling on health care overhaul, striking down the individual mandate

KJRH
BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court upholds Obama law's requirement that most Americans have health insurance. Story to follow on KJRH.com.

Apparently know one knows what the hell is going on. :D

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Republic is dead. The Constitution no longer stands for anything.

Even if Congress passes law to repeal Obama care, and a new president signs the repeal into law, this Court will strike down any law that repeals Obama care on appeal.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Even if Congress passes law to repeal Obama care, and a new president signs the repeal into law, this Court will strike down any law that repeals Obama care on appeal.

Woody

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this has to be the most confusing opinion I've ever seen come down from the high court. It's constitutional but not for the reasons POTUS gave. He claimed it wasn;t a tax but that's the exact reason the Justices said it could be constitutional. I think we just saw another case of the court trying to make policy

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Woody

why would it be struck down? From the blogs i'm reading it looks like the four liberal judges agreed it should be upheld under the commerce clause and as a tax. Roberts wouldn't agree to the commerce clause but agreed it was a tax. Therefore it stands as a tax but only because congress has the ability to levy taxes not because of it's power under the commerce clause. Therefore, as i am reading it right now, if congress repealed the tax then it would repeal the law. I'd think that congress' power to levy taxes also means it can repeal them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom