Scumbag Poachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-12-15-07-41-20.jpg
Poached, but in my home state of West Virginia

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As much as poachers piss me off, the maddest I think I've ever been was back in '76 I was in college and was invited to go home with a friend and deer hunt the weekend. It was between Brady and mason, Tx. Deer capitol of the world. We had come to town for lunch and a big crowd was gathered around the café. GW had busted a group (I remember 10-12 guys) from Dallas area, I think. They had shot 50 deer. GW had the deer piled on a lowboy trailer. We asked what they were doing with the meat? Several of us offered to clean them and take them to the local boys home (orphanage) down the road. The Judge said the deer were illegally taken and therefore could NOT be used. The deer were taken to the dump, diesel poured over them and then burned and buried.

The only good to come of this was the Judge (who had been in office for 20 yrs) was up for re-election, then challenger was an unknown outsider (small town politics) and huge underdog. The challenger won a LANDSLIDE and the Judge left town.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caddo County Game Wardens were seen at a gas station this morning with a large buck confiscated from a poacher. (I didn't see the buck, but was told by 2 different people that didn't know each other) Lets hope it busts some other cases in Caddo County wide open!

Also saw that Beckham County made an announcement they made an arrest from a spotlighting incident last night.
Bastards got off easy. Fined less than a $1000 each for shooting from a roadway in a state park, illegally killing a deer in an area closed to hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom