Scumbag Poachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes. all they need is a tag number. a picture is even better. he will go to their residence and arrest them, if we cant stop them ourselves first.

Hahaha... yeahhhhhhh. It is actually quite difficult to get someone arrested for trespassing. First of all your property has to be posted every 500 feet and at the corners. If it is not, then it is nearly impossible to prove intent and they are going to get off with a warning. Second time, they may get a fine at best. Good luck getting someone arrested just by getting their tag number.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hahaha... yeahhhhhhh. It is actually quite difficult to get someone arrested for trespassing. First of all your property has to be posted every 500 feet and at the corners. If it is not, then it is nearly impossible to prove intent and they are going to get off with a warning. Second time, they may get a fine at best. Good luck getting someone arrested just by getting their tag number.

This is why I love coming to these boards. Great entertainment. I generally read the messages on my iphone why I lie in the weeds waiting for someone to turnaround in my driveway (which has a posted signe on it) so I can take a picture of them and laugh as the boys in uniform cuff em' down the road...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend and I went predator calling this evening. First set was a bust, great looking area though. Went to make the second set, driving by my buddy's deer hunting area, and spotted two blinds set up on the fence line overlooking the 20 acre cut bean field. Didn't look like anybody inside through the glasses at 1/4 mile, so we got out to check them. Buddy walked up to them, but I stayed back about 75 yards, next to the CRP patch. When he got there, a guy stepped out of one of the blinds, and 100 yds away, another guy stepped out of his, and started toward the other. Slipped out of my orange, and got into the CRP grass that is about 5-6' high. All I could see was a lot of exaggerated arm movements, but nobody did anything stupid. After their obligatory ass eating, they started packing up their stuff and left.

My buddy met up with me, and said all they were talking about was, where is the other guy. LOL. We drove around and got their tag number while they were loading the ATV. I doubt they come back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Claimed they had permission.

They were talking to the owner. Yah Right!

A common friend of ours had a similar experience when both guys walked up to confront the trespasser, and had a gun pulled on them.

I'm not a slow learner.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law in West Virginia was telling me, that the leased hunting land that joins his property, people will go out at night on his property and drive deer onto the leased property. He has caught them and said he put an end to that. Im sure this goes on everywhere but is a bunch of bs.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother in law in West Virginia was telling me, that the leased hunting land that joins his property, people will go out at night on his property and drive deer onto the leased property. He has caught them and said he put an end to that. Im sure this goes on everywhere but is a bunch of bs.

I've heard of people doing that several years ago at Boiling Springs State Park. They'd take dirt bikes into the woods and run them across the fence to private property.

BS is correct.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
poacher.jpgTook a pic of the part of the newspaper article about a poached buck from Ft.Cobb State Park. Scumbag poacher deserves to be used for crappie habitat. Concrete block on each ankle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom