Scumbag Poachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with anything your neighbors are doing, but you do realize what you are doing could very easily be considered hunter harassment right?

I would fight that with everything I had.

I can do what I want on my own land.... period.

I like to sight my rifle in @ 6am with tannerite, youre hunting over there... not my problem.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like to sight my rifle in @ 6am with tannerite, youre hunting over there... not my problem.

This....all Roosta was doing was listening to a little music in his truck while drinking coffee...enjoying the morning, then he unloaded his 4-wheeler, (albiet with a little difficulty)...and then rode that 4 wheeler on his property. Hell we deal with this all the time, kids riding 4 wheelers up and down the fence line on their side of the fence...all within their right to do so. We just have to deal with it. Now...if Roosta was on their/either side of the fence with a megaphone shouting "animal killers....... or... long live the Coalition against Sport Hunters" then he might have an issue. But in the scenario he described? Not likely.

Last edited:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with anything your neighbors are doing, but you do realize what you are doing could very easily be considered hunter harassment right?

Yes, I am aware of that rule and considered it when I did what I did. If it was, then so be it. But there ain't a person on God's green earth with any sense that would write me a ticket for it. I was on my side of the fence minding my own business, never said a word to them, just enjoyed my coffee and a morning ride on the 4 wheeler.

I went out last night and was hunting a pipeline right of way on that side of the property when I see a guy in orange hop the fence. I'm behind a patch of scrubby oak trees but watch them through the binocs. Guy that had not hopped the fence must have seen my orange cause he pointed my way, then his buddy brings the rifle to his face and looks at me through the scope. When someone points their gun at me, **** gets real. He proceeded to cross back onto his side of the fence and went elsewhere. I let them go and continued my hunt. Called the game warden this morning and had a chat with him about it. He confirmed what I had already figured, that there really isn't much I can do about it without catching them in the act. But he was very sympathetic towards the situation and offered to come out with me this evening so that maybe we can come upon them and he can do some license checks. I don't think it would take much more than one encounter with the game warden on my side of the fence and they would decide that is not the best option for their hunting location.

All it would have taken was for them to be civil. Don't tear down my signs, don't line the fence with chairs, don't be a jack wagon when I try to talk to you peaceably, and don't aim your freaking gun at me. Had they talked to me like a good ol boy, made friends, exchange a deer story or two, I could not have cared less if they knocked one down over the fence. A neighbor further down has a stand that is actually on me a few yards over the fence, but he is a cool guy, talks to me every time I see him in town and shakes my hand. He can do whatever he wants and I don't think twice about it.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he pointed my way, then his buddy brings the rifle to his face and looks at me through the scope.

Holy crap r00s7a. I'd have come unglued. I think of myself as a pretty rational person, but have no way of telling how I'd act if someone was trespassing and then aimed a gun at me....

PawPaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but if someone points a gun at another person, can that person feel like his life is in danger and shoot to neutralize the threat? If you were in a store and someone did this you'd probably have shot in self defence. The only difference is the distance. I have thought about this before, would you be justified?

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is absolutely correct!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Latest posts

Top Bottom