Scumbag Poachers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but if someone points a gun at another person, can that person feel like his life is in danger and shoot to neutralize the threat? If you were in a store and someone did this you'd probably have shot in self defence. The only difference is the distance. I have thought about this before, would you be justified?

IMO, that would start getting into a really grey area. I don't like grey when it comes to killing another human, I like black and white. Just because someone points a gun at me, I don't immediately feel that my life is being threatened to the point of me defending myself with a lethal method. In the case of these jerk offs, they were just looking at me through their scope, not threatening my life. Of course accidents happen and you never point your gun at something you don't intend to shoot, and all that safety stuff, but we're not talking rocket scientists here. Even if they took a pop shot at me, I would choose flight over fight in that situation. My odds of making it out of there alive greatly increase when I take two steps into the brush and disappear versus standing my ground and letting them get another shot.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tuesday last week I was heading to my evening hunt area and encountered a vehicle that was not supposed to be parked there. This is back about 4.5 miles from a paved road and on POSTED private ground. They backed the vehicle in so no one could read the tag number. Monday morning I sprained my ankle very badly and was not going to get out and walk over to the vehicle and/or confront anyone. I started calling the other guys hunting the property to make sure the vehicle was in fact NOT supposed to be there. It wasnt. We all decided to converge around the area and boot these guys out. I had to pass the vehicle a second time in order to go to an area with cell service and snapped a few photos of it backed in. By the time we got the gates closed and blocked all exit routes, these guys had played baja across a little known 4 wheeler trail to escape. They got away. But the fact that they knew about this trail means they are local and this narrows down the search. We drove the roads looking for the vehicle and have not found them yet.

I spent a few days coming up with a nice plan to catch these guys. Our warden said he will arrest them on the spot when the trap is closed.

The worse part is they were in our sanctuary area we set aside a few years back in hopes of not losing any large deer to pressure.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Helped an elderly farmer repair fence and put up no trespassing signs on a section of his property across the road from a tract that I hunt. Someone had cut his fence to drive a 4-wheeler in. Followed the 4-wheeler tracks and found a very nice custom-built ground blind. Haven't seen any trespassers on my section this year (I got game cam pics of a couple last year--I even knew one of them.), but I am missing a 15' over-sized ladder stand that someone has come onto the property and helped themselves to.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tuesday last week I was heading to my evening hunt area and encountered a vehicle that was not supposed to be parked there. This is back about 4.5 miles from a paved road and on POSTED private ground. They backed the vehicle in so no one could read the tag number. Monday morning I sprained my ankle very badly and was not going to get out and walk over to the vehicle and/or confront anyone. I started calling the other guys hunting the property to make sure the vehicle was in fact NOT supposed to be there. It wasnt. We all decided to converge around the area and boot these guys out. I had to pass the vehicle a second time in order to go to an area with cell service and snapped a few photos of it backed in. By the time we got the gates closed and blocked all exit routes, these guys had played baja across a little known 4 wheeler trail to escape. They got away. But the fact that they knew about this trail means they are local and this narrows down the search. We drove the roads looking for the vehicle and have not found them yet.

I spent a few days coming up with a nice plan to catch these guys. Our warden said he will arrest them on the spot when the trap is closed.

The worse part is they were in our sanctuary area we set aside a few years back in hopes of not losing any large deer to pressure.

Arrested?

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw a nice sized headless deer this afternoon laying in the ditch right down the road.

Just got back from checking fence and found some tire tracks laid sideways at my back gate on dirt road they even pulled windowside to property not straight forward into my gate. I sometimes am ready for deer season to be over:pissed:

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you really think any charges based off of a picture of a tag are going to hold up?

Of course not. Criminal charges are successfully defended all the time. I never said a conviction was a slam dunk. Its actually quite the opposite.

Did you ever hear how beating the charges is easy, beating the cost of defense is hard? Arrest, bail, fines and perhaps prosecution can get expensive. The idea is to cost them so much money they change their minds on trespassing in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom