Seam sealing my camper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started yesterday removing all the old silicone on my camper. Does anyone know is anything that will release old silicone and a way to remove it easily. I can’t use razor blades due to the camper being fiberglass. I have been using plastic scraper blades.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Also go by Home Depot , in the paint section you can get plastic putty knives that are hard enough to sharpen a little . Also if you have some plexiglass pieces laying around you can cut that to a workable size and sharpen it.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have leaks. But it’s hard and cracking. South Texas summers and Iowa winters have done a number on it. I live in it when I’m at work and don’t have time to deal with stuff that is messed up. I try to keep the maintenance on this thing done every year durning my down time. I reseal it every 3 years. Most of the time I pay someone to do it. I decided to do it myself this time. Last time it was resealed it cast me 3k.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe try one of these. May be able to slide in inbetween and slice the old silicone out? Just something to think about.

1679708857374.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom