Sell the S&W 625JM? Or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keep the Wheel gun? Or sell for a 1911?

• Sell it and get a Les Baer.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Sell it and get a Wilson Combat.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Sell it and get a Bobtailed Commander.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Sell it and have a tricked USPSA Ltd. gun custom built.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Keep it! What the heck were you thinking?

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya'll help me decide.

I'm kicking around the idea that I ought to sell my S&W 625JM to fund a 1911. I like this revolver but I just shoot the 1911 soooo much better. Something about the 625 just isn't clicking with me, I think it's that hugeginormous cylinder. So I'm thinking the thing to do is get another 1911! After all I still have a whole harem of S&W, Colt and Ruger .357's to pick from when the wheelgun fetish has to be satisfied.

But on the other hand this thing is pretty sweet, it's had a master action job done on it at the S&W Performance Center and is wearing some nice looking Hogue laminate stocks. I havn't shot it much at all, maybe I need to shoot the crap out of it before deciding? :anyone:

You guys help me decide.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sell that thing and get a 1911. I only voted Les Baer because my brother has one and it is nice and accurate.

Once I sell my bike, I'm selling my SigPro 2022 and getting a 1911.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask yourself this:

"In a year, will I kick myself for selling this firearm?"

I hear all kinds of stories of people who regretted selling a particular firearm. So unless you have to sell the 625 - and from what you've said, you don't have to - I'd say if you're uncertain, to keep it. You've already got at least one 1911, but if you sell the 625, you won't have any of those.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya'll help me decide.

I'm kicking around the idea that I ought to sell my S&W 625JM to fund a 1911. I like this revolver but I just shoot the 1911 soooo much better. Something about the 625 just isn't clicking with me, I think it's that hugeginormous cylinder. So I'm thinking the thing to do is get another 1911! After all I still have a whole harem of S&W, Colt and Ruger .357's to pick from when the wheelgun fetish has to be satisfied.

But on the other hand this thing is pretty sweet, it's had a master action job done on it at the S&W Performance Center and is wearing some nice looking Hogue laminate stocks. I havn't shot it much at all, maybe I need to shoot the crap out of it before deciding? :anyone:

You guys help me decide.

Sell it! I've competed with K, L and N frame revolvers and I have to say I hate the N frame. It's just such a pig! Definitely let olyeller build you one! You'll be so much happier with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom