Selling Hog Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Making the assumption that there really isn't a problem because people are begging everyone to come kill the animals is a wrong assumption. Anyone who has land that had been impacted by feral hogs understands just how bad the problem is. . . and it's bad.

http://www.noble.org/Global/ag/wildlife/FeralHogs/index.pdf

I'm not making the assumption that there isn't a problem. I'm using the assertion that there is a problem to illustrate my point/opinion. If you are a landowner who is overrun with hogs what is going to eliminate them, or move them off your property more; heavy hunting pressure or light? What is going to generate heavy pressure, inexpensive/free organized hunting or "trophy"/higher dollar hunting?

(and for those getting butt hurt about my opinion about paid hunts...I've pointed out repeatedly that I'm not against them and/or calling for legislation against them...I just don't get paying so much to shoot a pest that is supposedly responsible for the coming Armageddon. But that's where the personal choice comes in. If someone wants to throw down $300 bucks to shoot a pig, rock on.)

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a big spread of land so I'm not qualified to offer up an opinion on damage vs whatever. Would I love to be able to hunt a couple hogs down to fill my empty freezer for free? Heck yeah, but I'll take a good deal to hunt if it meets my criteria for logistics and price (I'm not able to drive long distances, walk distances, blah blah blah). If it works for me I'm not opposed to paying a reasonable fee at this point. Perhaps in ten years the hogs will be hiding in tree's in the city parks and the rules will change but who knows. I'd just like to find an affordable and doable way to whack some piggies and fill my freezer at the moment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You dint understand the difference in personal freedom and plain old rules obviously.
Do you also think u should be allowed to drive at whatever speed u want?

Let's see here....If I drive I submit to being tested and licensed by The State, and also submit, voluntarily to abide by the rules set forth by The State. Like it or not, that is the situation with driving...

Now how does that relate to your proposal that we outlaw hunting hogs? I have my own land, I am free to drive whatever I want on My Land, no licensing required. So do you think The State should have the right to tell me what to do on My Own Land? (I know The State already attempts to do this, and I disagree with them also)

Perhaps, with your comparison of driving, we should outlaw hunting hogs on public roads.

Why do you wish to use armed force to prevent me from hunting? Have I trespassed against you in some way?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Let's see here....If I drive I submit to being tested and licensed by The State, and also submit, voluntarily to abide by the rules set forth by The State. Like it or not, that is the situation with driving...

Now how does that relate to your proposal that we outlaw hunting hogs? I have my own land, I am free to drive whatever I want on My Land, no licensing required. So do you think The State should have the right to tell me what to do on My Own Land? (I know The State already attempts to do this, and I disagree with them also)

Perhaps, with your comparison of driving, we should outlaw hunting hogs on public roads.

Why do you wish to use armed force to prevent me from hunting? Have I trespassed against you in some way?
The wildlife department already regulated what you can and cant hunt on ANY land. Adding hogs for the right reasons would be no different. Its not your personal freedom to shoot game out of season or without the proper tags. Those rules are meant for the good of the animals and not to control you/anyone personally.
The popularity of shooting hogs has lead to them being transported and planted around the country. Some migrate I'm sure but the russian bore that started the cross breeding here certainly didnt migrate here.
Now they are a huge problem if your a land owner. Ask a peanut farmer in west TX how much damage they can do.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey man, don't listen to some of the meat heads on here that think everyone should think as they do or it is wrong. They can take their plugged nickles and shove it. I'm so glad that everyone does not have their attitude. If you want to sell a hog hunt because you have surplus hogs, have at it! You're not doing anything wrong and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are probably just a good ol boy trying to make an extra buck these days and there is not a thing wrong with that. Good luck man, kill em all!

What he said

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure if you have hogs on your land and want to sell hunts to make money off the situation you have every right and don't begrudge anyone that but your neighbors are probably not going to send you very many cookies and you lose your "pigs are destroying my crops" card.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
REKEZ, I'm still wondering if I can do this because I in a wheelchair and what you would charge to do this? i'm sorry about all the grief you're taking. I'm just an old man who would be interested in shooting a few hogs.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wildlife department already regulated what you can and cant hunt on ANY land.
*except on Indian land. Have to buy special tags from Pawnee Nation
Adding hogs for the right reasons would be no different. Its not your personal freedom to shoot game out of season or without the proper tags. Those rules are meant for the good of the animals and not to control you/anyone personally.
*except hogs aren't considered a "game" species"The popularity of shooting hogs has lead to them being transported and planted around the country. Some migrate I'm sure but the russian bore that started the cross breeding here certainly didnt migrate here.
* no doubt this is true, yet our illustrious wildlife dept ignored the problem until recently, I know, I contacted them concerning hog problems many years agoNow they are a huge problem if your a land owner. Ask a peanut farmer in west TX how much damage they can do.
*this is obviously true, sounds like a good opportunity for some trapping

Just to add to the ridiculousness of the situation, Tishomingo NWR two years ago: no shooting hogs, even if you are legal to hunt deer on NWR controlled hunt. NWR employees must get approval prior to any animal being hunted.

Contrast that with NWR paying to have helicopter nuisance control shooters kill hundreds of hogs during this same time frame.

I sent letters out to Okla Dept of Wildlife, and all members of Wildlife Commision around 15 years ago, trying to get a plan implemented to head off some of the problems you mentioned. I received two replies, one from a commisioner, that said "we'll look into it", the other from the then-head of the Wildlife Dept that said basically "we've got this".

So bring on the pigs, point the blame somewhere besides me, I kill all of them I can, and have only been restricted from killing more of them by our wonderful government. Government can't control the flow of drugs, inanimate products. What makes you think they can control pigs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom