Semiauto 45 acp carry gun opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on a semiauto in 45 acp for a new carry gun. A little history: I started out a few years ago carrying a 40 cal Shield, as well as a RIA compact 1911 on occasion. I have since sold both of those and gotten into revolvers more, I know carry either a Ruger SP101 2 1/4" 357 or a Charter Arms Bulldog 2 1/2" 44 Special. I like my wheelguns, but have thought about getting another semiauto now. Wondering what I could pick up in 45 under around $600? I like 1911's, and am not into any of the Glock or XD lines; I have owned a S&W M&P fullsize in 45 and it shot great for me. And I'm not against something like a Bersa or Kahr either, just haven't ever been around any of them. Single or double stack is fine too, no preference there. Thanks!

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corpsvet has a good one if you can find one. I had one at one point. Probably should have kept it. I've had the glock 36, and glock 30. I traded the 36!and now have only the 30sf. Probably one of the most accurate semi autos I have owned and it won't be going anywhere. Never had a Kahr 45, but I have fired one a couple times. Seems to be a nice gun. I guess maybe just see how many you can handle if not shoot. I know you aren't a fan of the Glocks, but 11 rounds of .45 is hard to argue with. Just my .02 cents.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As you stated and not what you're looking for, but another plug for the Glock 36. I like it......I like it as much as my Glock 27. I've carried my older Springfield 1911 Compact, you don't see a lot of them around, it's still 6+1, but it's smaller. Weight becomes a factor with the 1911's IMO, no matter how small. There's a lot of choices out there though in the compact/micro 1911 world to choose from.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two carry guns in 45. The Glock 30 and the Kimber Pro. I like them both but the weight of the Kimber is an issue, depending on what I'm wearing and my holster choice.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like 1911's, and am not into any of the Glock or XD lines

Pffft.

IMG_2639.JPG

:Heya:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya man; I know several people that have XD/XDS and love them, and my wife has a G17, and I'll admit, it is an accurate gun, just never been a Glock fan, and always liked the M&P's over the XD's personally. I done a scan on slickguns just now, and they show to have a CT, CW and CM Kahr, all close in price...what's the difference in those models? And do yall think that one of the Smith M&P compact 45's is worth paying $100-125 more than those Kahr models? The M&P does hold 10 vs 7/8 in the single stack guns like the Kahrs. Thanks again for all the input!

Latest posts

Top Bottom