Semiauto 45 acp carry gun opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HK USP Compact 45 can be found for $600.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_14_b1e76bdeba089623f567752e24fa4765.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Kahr P45 is probably one of their most underrated products. The grip is hand filling, but the dimensions and more importantly, how they've shaped it will make it easy to conceal with a good holster. The only way it falls down is when you compare it to what's available in .40 and especially 9mm.

That said, I'm currently carrying a $320 ATI M1911 GI-E (4.25" Commander), but I have done LOTS of mods to it to get it where I want it as far as reliability and comfort are concerned. I have about $600 in it now, before the pending refinish.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I kinda screwed up these plans this morning by going and shooting my fullsize 1911's, pretty sure its back to those now :). And the choices just got wider actually; been suggested to look into one of the CCO models, seems like there are a few companies that make these, from ATI to Dan Wesson. Chime in at will...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I kinda screwed up these plans this morning by going and shooting my fullsize 1911's, pretty sure its back to those now :). And the choices just got wider actually; been suggested to look into one of the CCO models, seems like there are a few companies that make these, from ATI to Dan Wesson. Chime in at will...

You absolutely cannot go wrong with a Dan Wesson,. My PM-9 is my all time favorite 1911.

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that your looking at full size 1911s, you might want to consider the Sig 1911 compact RCS. My first two were a Kimber 1911 Compact CDP II and a Colt 1911 Defender. Both were very good guns. I got rid of them when I got my Sig 1911 compact RCS. I like it the best of all the 6 1911s I have owned. The RCS is best described as a midsize 1911, It combines a Commander-length slide and barrel with a short Officerfs ACP-sized receiver, making it 3/4 shorter in length than a Government Model .45, and some 1/2 shorter in height.

The RCS comes out of Sig's Custom Shop. All the snag points have been dehorned along with some evident "melt" work. It has a match barrel I am not sure about the slide and trigger. I do know the trigger has about a 4.5 lb. pull and is crisp with not a lot of take up. Recoil is not bad at all. I liked this one so much, I bought a full size Sig 1911 Scorpion which is a pretty good gun in its own right.
Below is a link to a review of the RCS.

http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blogspot.com/2010/04/sig-1911-rcs.html

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been turned onto the Sig C3, I believe its a "CCO" setup as well? I've heard the Sig RCS mentioned as well, what differences are there between it and the C3? And I imagine as impatient as I am, one of the Sig's are about as high in price as I'll go, and even that might necessitate selling another one of my pistols to do it. Are there any cheaper than the Sig worth looking into in yall's opinion? I honestly am not into brands, and most of my stuff is far from "high end", but I'm kinda thinking it is time for a nicer 1911 I can keep around a while...

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And btw, when I said "its back to those now", I actually meant 1911's, not specifically FULLSIZE 1911; these blends of Officer and Commander as discussed above sounds like a great carry platform...

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The S&W 457 or any of the single stack S&W pistols are all excellent. I've owned a couple of 4586's before and will probably own another again some day. I have a single stack 4053 which is a .40 on the .45/10mm frame. Eight rounds in the mag, works every time, accurate. Superb carry gun.

I wanna get one of those so badly! but I'd rather have the single stack version but they's hard as hell to find though! My dad loves the 3rd Generation Smith & Wesson's, he's the one that got me on them now.
The only ones I want though is all the .40S&W models, 4506, and 1006. I love my 10mm!

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HK USP Compact 45 can be found for $600.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_02_14_b1e76bdeba089623f567752e24fa4765.jpg

I'm drooling everywhere now, I didn't realize you can find them that cheap! I gotta' get my hands one one! But I like the HK45 a bit better but they're both just as good.
I really want the P2000SK in .40S&W but that's a totally different story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom