Semiauto Handgun Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old school won't cut it. This is a 30ish young modern guy. He started to buy one of the new Taurus models last week when H&H had a sale price on them. I discouraged that purchase but wanted to give him better choices, and you guys have come through again. I'll be seeing him this evening and this information will be quite valuable to him. Thanks

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought 2 new buckmarks 3 years ago.I got a little over 3000 rounds through one of them before sending it back to browning.I got about 4000 rounds through the other with quite a few problems and sold them both.If you take the grips off the buckmark you will see how cheap it is made.I bought 2 new ruger mkIVs and have a little over 10,000 rounds through each of them and they are going strong.A man at my shooting range told me he had over 40,000 rounds through his mkIV and had recently replaced the recoil spring but that was all the maintenance he had done so far.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 2 new buckmarks 3 years ago.I got a little over 3000 rounds through one of them before sending it back to browning.I got about 4000 rounds through the other with quite a few problems and sold them both.If you take the grips off the buckmark you will see how cheap it is made.I bought 2 new ruger mkIVs and have a little over 10,000 rounds through each of them and they are going strong.A man at my shooting range told me he had over 40,000 rounds through his mkIV and had recently replaced the recoil spring but that was all the maintenance he had done so far.

I’ve probably got close to 7or 8K rounds on my Buckmark - I’ve shot 1 1/2 cases of the 525 Federal Value Pack ammo through it plus some Remington Value Pack ammo. The only issue I’ve had was starting to get light strikes. I replaced the firing pin and it was good as new.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve probably got close to 7or 8K rounds on my Buckmark - I’ve shot 1 1/2 cases of the 525 Federal Value Pack ammo through it plus some Remington Value Pack ammo. The only issue I’ve had was starting to get light strikes. I replaced the firing pin and it was good as new.

Zero issues with mine other than Armscor ammo.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old school won't cut it. This is a 30ish young modern guy. He started to buy one of the new Taurus models last week when H&H had a sale price on them. I discouraged that purchase but wanted to give him better choices, and you guys have come through again. I'll be seeing him this evening and this information will be quite valuable to him. Thanks

I've got a Taurus TX 22 and so far it has run like a top.. I can't speak of longevity yet but its likely over 500 rds.. If your talking 22 I'd say go for it for the $$, it is the only Taurus I own as I have developed a fondness for the cheap to keep .22s..

Latest posts

Top Bottom