Senate rejects expanded background checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Listen folks. Wide majority of Republicans and NRA members voted to APPROVE this and frankly I am in agreement. If you are not responsible enough to keep your record clean and think clearly enough to not be clinically diagnosed mentally ill, well than thats your problem. Now, before someone asks who should judge who should be deamed responsible ? If you are offended by this then you probably don't need a gun. Stronger background checks will hurt none of us honest good ol OSA'rs....Sorry boys but Bama is right here.
Your entire post is your opinion. In my opinion I should be able to own a gun not on the books. If anything, I liked the idea of putting some identifying marker on your drivers license/state ID. If you have the mark you don't get to buy a gun, if you do something that removes your right to purchase a gun, you are required by law to update you license with the mark. IF you get caught not updating your license it's a stiff fine.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen folks. Wide majority of Republicans and NRA members voted to APPROVE this and frankly I am in agreement. If you are not responsible enough to keep your record clean and think clearly enough to not be clinically diagnosed mentally ill, well than thats your problem. Now, before someone asks who should judge who should be deamed responsible ? If you are offended by this then you probably don't need a gun. Stronger background checks will hurt none of us honest good ol OSA'rs....Sorry boys but Bama is right here.

i.imgur.com_KkWAkgv.gif

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. May have spoke too soon here. Sweeping reform as was today's bill would be bad. The simple fact that more stringent background checks implemented would not be a bad thing. Today's vote was to implement control on buying under the table so to speak. Yes this was about background checks. For the record, these fly by night bills that get approved without the underlying specifics detailed (as is this case) are not what I agree with.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your entire post is your opinion. In my opinion I should be able to own a gun not on the books. If anything, I liked the idea of putting some identifying marker on your drivers license/state ID. If you have the mark you don't get to buy a gun, if you do something that removes your right to purchase a gun, you are required by law to update you license with the mark. IF you get caught not updating your license it's a stiff fine.

Isn't this "registration" too? The .gov would then have a list of all the licenses wouldnt they? When it comes time to come and take the guns, they will know where to go. They would not have list of what you own, but does it not make sense to assume that those with the licenses have guns? That is not okay in my book. Our rights have been lost in baby steps. This would have been another step in the WRONG direction.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel really sorry for all those people that paid $1500 for DPMS AR's the past few months....LOL!

No reason to. They have learned a lesson much of us had the displeasure of learning in 1994. hopefully this will make them more prepared for what is to come.

Speaking of which, how long until this become a racial issue? After all, a white President was able to do it.

Last edited:

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. There be the problem. My opinion is that I am all for more stringent back ground checks. Now, you get denied ownership thru a dealer then you shouldnt own a gun. Simple. They want to regulate the transaction of this said person from buying privately by forcing the good guys to register and forfeit their rights to keep him denied....No bueno.

Isn't this "registration" too? The .gov would then have a list of all the licenses wouldnt they? When it comes time to come and take the guns, they will know where to go. They would not have list of what you own, but does it not make sense to assume that those with the licenses have guns? That is not okay in my book. Our rights have been lost in baby steps. This would have been another step in the WRONG direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom