Sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome haul Okie4570! That one your holding looks like the big brother of the pic you texted.

Pic that the landowner sent.......... I thought wow, major ground shrinkage! I knew toad didn't have a very large rack, but the body size was incredible. This buck sure fooled me though.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_IMG_9743_zpsbdbb9qmi.jpg

I'm glad you found your buck finally! How close did y'all come to his final resting spot while searching? Those racks sure did whiten up quick.

From where we finally stopped looking, he was about a half mile further.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you guys tend to find your sheds. I've been out a few times and mostly walked fence lines to no avail. Any tips would be appreciated.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every article I read mentions fence lines, and I always check fence lines, but they are rarely profitable. At least 80% of the sheds I find are in feeding areas comprised of short green forage, with big clumps of dead grass/briers mixed among. Nearly every shed is removed the same way. Feeding on the green grass, antler gets caught up in the nearby clumps of dead grass and comes off. At the very first signs of spring, the first areas that turn green, that meet those conditions, those are my honey holes. You can find sheds everywhere, in timber, in hay meadows, everywhere in between. Only place I have not found a shed is sittin on my ass on the couch.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every article I read mentions fence lines, and I always check fence lines, but they are rarely profitable. At least 80% of the sheds I find are in feeding areas comprised of short green forage, with big clumps of dead grass/briers mixed among. Nearly every shed is removed the same way. Feeding on the green grass, antler gets caught up in the nearby clumps of dead grass and comes off. At the very first signs of spring, the first areas that turn green, that meet those conditions, those are my honey holes. You can find sheds everywhere, in timber, in hay meadows, everywhere in between. Only place I have not found a shed is sittin on my ass on the couch.

Exactly. I find deer trails and follow them. Most sheds are just in dense growth areas. BTW I haven't been this year. Not sitting on my ass either. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom