Ship Nerds -- The Cutty Sark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of you may have got a bit misty eyed when you heard that the Cutty Sark burned in 2007, but I found out that it was restored and opened to the public in 2012. Heck I hadn't thought about it in a while and I was surprised to hear that it was already open.

Any of you ever go see her on trips to the UK?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutty_Sark

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_4_4a_Cutty_Sark_2012_landscaping.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. Love the big three masters. I was fortunate to be in Cleveland Ohio when there was a tall ship regatta for classic ships. There were accurate reproductions of the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria. They were tiny! Can't believe they had that many people and made a safe crossing.
The biggest was a reproduction of a ship that I can't remember, used in a movie. Big three master, and they manned the sails as they left the port, which was at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame location.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drank alot of Cutty for a long time. Was better than the J&B and Dewar's I got started with. I've since graduated to more "refined" tastes (aka, I spend alot more money on it! :( ), but I will remember Cutty fondly forever. :D It may not be the best, but come on, it ain't KD, folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom