Let's see your deer blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finished my deer blind about 2 months ago, and the deer walk within 10 yards of it every day, and act like it's not even there.

IMG_20240930_143214342.jpg

IMG_20240930_143341239.jpg

Bought 2 of these portable buildings, got this one at Lowe's for $299

Building is 7X7X7

After putting this building together, I caulked all the seems to keep the wasps and other insects out of it, and to hopefully make it a tad bit warmer in the winter time since I eliminated any and all potential drafts.

I put a swivel rocker in it and a high back chair for guests.

I've got one of those big electric blankets that is made to be plugged in to a vehicles cigarette lighter, but I cut that plug off and installed 2 big alligator clips, which will be hooked up a marine battery for the days the temperature drops near freezing and below.

I really enjoy hunting when it is raining, and with this set up, I can stay dry and warm, and hunt from daylight to dark if I am so inclined.

What are you guys hunting in this year?

Reaction score
I finished my deer blind about 2 months ago, and the deer walk within 10 yards of it every day, and act like it's not even there.

View attachment 515540

View attachment 515541

Bought 2 of these portable buildings, got this one at Lowe's for $299

Building is 7X7X7

After putting this building together, I caulked all the seems to keep the wasps and other insects out of it, and to hopefully make it a tad bit warmer in the winter time since I eliminated any and all potential drafts.

I put a swivel rocker in it and a high back chair for guests.

I've got one of those big electric blankets that is made to be plugged in to a vehicles cigarette lighter, but I cut that plug off and installed 2 big alligator clips, which will be hooked up a marine battery for the days the temperature drops near freezing and below.

I really enjoy hunting when it is raining, and with this set up, I can stay dry and warm, and hunt from daylight to dark if I am so inclined.

What are you guys hunting in this year?
This is an awesome idea!

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in. Pick one!!!
View attachment 515917View attachment 515918View attachment 515919View attachment 515920View attachment 515921View attachment 515925
I'm old. I'd pick the one most solidly constructed, and just hope I could kill a deer from it. 😁
I’m old also and that’s why I can’t sit in a tree stand or ladder stand anymore. I might fall asleep at any point in time and I really don’t want to wake up and find myself hanging from a safety harness.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom