Ultimate Deer Hunting Condo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is mine. Its the first and only one I've ever built, but have some things that I'd like to do, and some things I won't ever do again.

built it in my shop, and put it on a trailer to haul to the field.

Used storm windows turned on their side to make sliding windows. I don't like that now that its up. Reason is, in freezing weather, they stick shut. Warmer weather, they rattle with the wind.
My buddy built one, and had some real glass cut(cheap) and drilled to mount a hinge. He built it where the window swings to the inside to open. Great Idea I think, as if it opens to the outside, it creates movment.
Didn't insulate it, now I wish it was. Easy enough to do.
Pulled it up with a pickup. This is the day it was put up. A better ladder has been installed.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_TowerBlind.jpg

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is mine. Its the first and only one I've ever built, but have some things that I'd like to do, and some things I won't ever do again.

Used storm windows turned on their side to make sliding windows. I don't like that now that its up. Reason is, in freezing weather, they stick shut. Warmer weather, they rattle with the wind.
My buddy built one, and had some real glass cut(cheap) and drilled to mount a hinge. He built it where the window swings to the inside to open. Great Idea I think, as if it opens to the outside, it creates movment.
Pulled it up with a pickup. This is the day it was put up. A better ladder has been installed.

That's slick. Did you build the legs on it or put the legs on it when you got it out there?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Legs were installed at the shop. Its only a little than 8' wide at the base, so it wasn't too big of a problem to haul.
Cabin is 4X6. Had two adults and two kids in there. Its a little crowded with that many people, but it can be done.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legs were installed at the shop. Its only a little than 8' wide at the base, so it wasn't too big of a problem to haul.
Cabin is 4X6. Had two adults and two kids in there. Its a little crowded with that many people, but it can be done.

I'm actually thinking mine will be like 8x6. Plenty of room for an extra person, and room to nap during an all day outing. Gong to have to do a mock up rectangle on the ground and see how much actual room that translates to.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

BTW, How tall to the floor?

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, the Texas one with the camo card table is not quite good enough for our hard r - no bathroom - but it's gettin' there!

also needs a satallite dish and a charcoal grill...

but in all seriousness, I'm designing this specifically for staying out in all day. So some way to relieve myself is a must.

Latest posts

Top Bottom