Ultimate Deer Hunting Condo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE: This week I will be picking up a welder. Next month I'm going to attempt to get an oxy/propane torch setup. The month after that, a saw. Then I will have the basic tools needed to begin the frame of the deer stand, and can obtain the smaller tools needed as I go along. IT HAS BEGUN!:rubhands:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: This week I will be picking up a welder. Next month I'm going to attempt to get an oxy/propane torch setup. The month after that, a saw. Then I will have the basic tools needed to begin the frame of the deer stand, and can obtain the smaller tools needed as I go along. IT HAS BEGUN!:rubhands:

A good chop saw is worth its weight in gold, if it can fit in your budget. Nice clean angle cuts, ect.

Take lots of pics as you come along for us to see:D

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chop Saw was what I was revering to. Def going to document progress step by step from all angles. The point of this thread is for us to share ideas and design problem solutions. Having the welder is going to make me want to get started, but I will need all my tools first.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a mess of plans that I came up with and yes even a pooper! but they never came to be since I don't own my own land I'd rather not build something like I was thinking to have to rely on if farmer Joe is going to keep his land, lease, pass on ya know where I'm coming from. I was going to build mine in the shop where in a modular fashion so I could haul it to the field and put it back together on the legs. It was not going to be portable but I guess with a little thought it could be made that way.

It was going to be 10' x 6' so I could have a little place to crash and room for the pooper :woohoo1: plus it was going to be out West it was going to have a shooting bench inside for those shots most think are a tad unethical that could fold down when not needed. I'd sketch ya one up but I don't have my goodies down here. Hint while a tin roof is easy it'll drive you crazy! I sit in one a guy had with a tin roof the rain picked up and it got very loud. Oh another hint if you make the door in the floor make it much bigger than you think you'll need.

Let us know how it comes along and ya need any idea let me know I can get a touch crazy with ideas :hey3: Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hint while a tin roof is easy it'll drive you crazy! I sit in one a guy had with a tin roof the rain picked up and it got very loud.Kirk

+1 on the roof material. I put a plywood roof on mine, but then used a fiberglass corrugated material on top of that. Its not too bad in a rain, but when a hawk or other bird lands on it and scratches around to get a foothold, its kind of spooky, expecially when an owl tries it at night. The deer get used to whatever you use though in my experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom