Shooting a scope with both eyes open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have permanent damage to my dominant eye, which happens to be my dominant side. I have found that I can use an Aimpoint very well due to the both eyes open concept, and probably why I can still shoot irons decent. Now, on magnified optics can they be shot both eyes open? I have read about the ACOG Bindon concept but that is only on 3x and 4x Acogs.
Any help would be appreciated.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep both eyes open shooting everything whether it's iron sighted pistols or a bolt gun with a 36x scope.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have permanent damage to my dominant eye, which happens to be my dominant side. I have found that I can use an Aimpoint very well due to the both eyes open concept, and probably why I can still shoot irons decent. Now, on magnified optics can they be shot both eyes open? I have read about the ACOG Bindon concept but that is only on 3x and 4x Acogs.
Any help would be appreciated.

I believe you're actually supposed to shoot like that with optics/irons no matter what the magnification - its still an adjustment for me with anything above 3x, but I try and do it the same way every time.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I keep both eyes open shooting everything whether it's iron sighted pistols or a bolt gun with a 36x scope.

+1 I run a scope at the rifle competitions and shoot long range, both eyes open all the time. If nothing else you see more of your surroundings, so in a tactical sense you are more aware of your surroundings.

In competition it makes transition faster, and in long range shooting you can see if the wind kicks up. It's amazing how much you miss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom