Shooting in Stillwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyJohn88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it is a darn good thing all of stillwater's ccw holders are banned from carrying on campus. Sure wouldn't want to scare the shooter into thinking he might actually run into someone who has a weapon.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will also clarify that it appears that the person shot was not on campus. Though if he was coming or going from/to Campus then he would not been carrying.

Does the CCW and firearms ban extend to Greek housing as well?

I know when I was there, the policy was that you could not keep firearms (including bows) in your residence, but you could keep them at OSU PD and check them out when you liked. That way there was a place to keep them securely and legally, but have access to them for hunting and recreation.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will also clarify that it appears that the person shot was not on campus. Though if he was coming or going from/to Campus then he would not been carrying.

Does the CCW and firearms ban extend to Greek housing as well?

I know when I was there, the policy was that you could not keep firearms (including bows) in your residence, but you could keep them at OSU PD and check them out when you liked. That way there was a place to keep them securely and legally, but have access to them for hunting and recreation.

He was shot off campus a block away from campus in his own house. And a block away from my roommate's girlfriend's house.

If the victim had a CCW and was allowed to CC on campus, weather he was coming or going to campus he would have been able to defend himself.

I live off campus, have lived off campus for 2.5 years and I have CCW'd everywhere that's legal. And I always carry in my own house. There are a bunch of thugs and bad people everywhere and I dont trust anybody. Black white Hispanic Asian or otherwise.

After Virginia Tech, my philosophies of life professor, how was a retired police officer, informed us she was not allowed to carry on campus even thi she was trained to do so. She also informed us that she was neither carrying nor not carrying. I liked that class and felt safest there.

Concealed carry on campus can be a good thing if handled correctly. I would say the CCW permit holders that are still undergrads, at least all the ones I know, including my 3 roommates, are responsible CCW permit holders and can act in a responsible manner in a college environment while carrying.

Ive given two CCW on campus speeches and received A's for both. No that's not impressive but I feel if presented intelligently, a valid argument and point can be made.

Yes, firearms are banned from Greek houses (or at least they were from my house). Couldn't have any inside nor in our vehicles. The PD still stores firearms for students. Luckily two of my roommates have safes and I dont have to deal with that hassle.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the victim had a CCW and was allowed to CC on campus, weather he was coming or going to campus he would have been able to defend himself.

I agree with this completely, and don't want it to appear that I am opposed to CCOC (my post may have made it appear that I was).

I am just trying to outline the facts, and that he may have been in a position to legally carry but was not exercising that right. Or he may have been headed to or coming from campus and thus prohibited from carrying and been an easy target. Not clear enough here to know, but we have to consider the possibilities.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. Wasnt attacking your post really. Was just voicing my thoughts. CCW on campus if handled correctly shouldn't introduce any more problems than are already present. Not sure how many (if any) problems it will solve either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom