shooting lead in a glock? newb question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who used to shoot a glock competetively.
Probably put close to 30,000 rounds thru his stock glock.
Never had a problem.
Just use a good hardcast bullet.

WILLARD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot lead out of my glocks all the time. Both factory and aftermarket. I also clean any barrel (regardless) after every range trip.
I have been told by several shooters that due to the way Glock cuts the rifiling in thier barrels lead will build up in the barrel eventually causing the barrel to explode. Is this fact or fiction? I have a glock 30 and load 200 gr SWC that I run through my 1911. I would like to run lead through my 30 factory barrel but only if its safe to do so. Thanks

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do this.

do a search for "lead glock" should come up with some results here. That question gets asked with some regularity.

I have been told by several shooters that due to the way Glock cuts the rifiling in thier barrels lead will build up in the barrel eventually causing the barrel to explode. Is this fact or fiction? I have a glock 30 and load 200 gr SWC that I run through my 1911. I would like to run lead through my 30 factory barrel but only if its safe to do so. Thanks

Some stories just won't go away.
Use a good hardcast bullet like what J&K make and you'll be fine.
Actually just pm J&K Bullets about this, they're a board sponsor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom