short stroke piston vs. DI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google "John Noveske interview defense review". He has comments on ar piston systems. He knew more about it than a few guys who shot two different guns. And listen to "that guy" Kurtm.

bigmoose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
aced my order and Ok so I placed my order and thought I'd let y'all know I thought I'd let y'all know I went with a standard gas went with a standard gas operated Rock River. Thank operated Rock River. Thank you for your input and for you for your input and for talking me out of it. That's not talking me out of it. That's not to say that one day I wont get to say that one day I wont get a piston rifle for shits and a piston rifle for shits and giggles but not right now. The giggles but not right now. The biggest factors were the price biggest factors were the price difference and parts difference and parts availability if something availability if something breaks. Then the how well breaks. Then the how well they suppress vs piston. they suppress vs piston. Those outweigh the cool Those outweigh the cool factor which is what drew me factor which is what drew me to the other two guns, the to the other two guns, the heat, weight and "dirty" heat, weight and "dirty" factors had no weigh factors had no weigh

So not to open another can of worms but...what grain bullet, and why. For both 16 &10in barrels

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the easiest ways to get there is buy a Sig 556 pistol. Send in for your tax stamp. When you get the stamp ,put an folding AR stock on it. It has a 10" barrel ,piston system,and folding stock. Mine runs great.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pay attention to the first paragraph in that link.

Funny, that kind of goes along with what I was taught in the US Army, Keep her clean, and she'll keep you alive, as long as you know what your rifle and ammo can do. Of course this was running A1's and A2's, I was out before the A4's was everyone's go to gun. I still prefer the full sized rifle!

bigmoose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completely agree with the first part of that post, which is the reason behind my question. The rest of the post was mostly above my head. I do understand that different weight bullets work better with different twist ratios, and changing bullet weight will change POI. I also know that different weight bullets travel faster and / or have fifi terminal ballistics. so practice with cheaper fmj rounds should have same poi as say a bthp or jhp for real world applications Please correct me if I am wrong.

So the point of my question is to find the bullet weight best suited to my rifle.

Hope that makes sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom