Shorten AR barrel & Form 1 & 4's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. Adco Firearms does this and they have a fast turnaround.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_.cfm?code=1

There are some local to OKC places that can do this as well, but I cannot remember the names of the places right now. I think one of them is Mechanical Accuracy or something like that.

I have had ADCO profile and cut down a rifle barrel for an OPS Inc suppressor and cut down and rethread a Nitride treated AR barrel. They have always been very quick on turn around and done a good job. I would love to give a recommendation to Mechanical Accuracy. However when I contacted him about cutting down and rethreading the Nitride treated AR barrel, he said it couldn't be done and the barrel needed to have all the work done to it before the treatment. Needless to say when you buy the barrel already with the nitride treatment you cannot do the work beforehand. I contacted ADCO shortly after and they said no problem, write up and mark on the barrel the length I wanted it cut to, and send it in. ADCO did just what I asked and the upper turned out great. Not saying Mechanical Accuracy is bad but it seems either he doesn't know it can be done, doesn't want to do it, or doesn't have the tools to do some jobs but passes it off as it can't be done. I recommend ADCO even if you have to ship it off.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colt, I cannot recall the exact reason but will see if I have his email response when I get home this afternoon. From what I remember, he tried to imply that the barrel would be too hard to perform any work on. However, ADCO didn't see to have any problems. Not sure if it is a tool issue or knowledge issue but my barrel and money went to ADCO.

Your barrel wouldn't happen to be a Rainier Arms Select Match Barrel with nitride coating would it?

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colt, I checked all my emails and it looks like I have deleted the email since it was not important and I didn't do business with him. You could always email him to see if maybe he has the tools or whatever to work on them now. If nothing has changed since earlier this year, you will have to find someone else who is willing to cut and rethread the barrel.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I contacted him (M.A.) for some work on a couple of barrels and he didn't even want to mess with them... He recommended someone else that could not do it either. LOL.. ADCO is the only way to go hands down. Those guys are the best !

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must a SOT cut the barrel once the form 1 is received? (since, once the form 1 is received and deemed eligible it is officially a NFA item). So he would have temp possesion of it while it was being cut & threaded??/??

Latest posts

Top Bottom