Shortening aluminum hand guard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis I truly do appreciate that. If it wasn't such a drive I would be on the way now instead of typing. I do agree that a lathe would by far be the best option. I'm going to check a couple places and see what prices allow. If they're too high to justify for the time being, it'll be off to the miter saw and bench grinder for me. I'll keep posted

If you want to pay the shipping to and from Tulsa I will do it for free.

Or I make it to OKC every couple of weeks and could pick it up/drop it off somewhere there.

I have a cold cut metal saw, or a band style cut off saw, then would finish it on a belt sander.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the hand guard today, had a short break from working in the home office so I made the cut, now it needs some finishing work...

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_Projects_BA51818D3fee774297011a1a0dd76795474870b1.jpg

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_Projects_EF1F048Bac498861e29fafaed5de46f86f9da400.jpg

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_Projects_4CF2628501060a03492e4e845aa8b0e5801b50d6.jpg

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well guys, I got the handguard back today. Really all I can say is BADASS! I'm looking at the work that Steve did and this is WAY better than anything I have ever imagined or anticipated. This came a very long ways from the original hacksaw/Dremel plan. In fact, arguably, the new cuts appear to be better than some of the factory cuts. I planned to refinish it upon return but it is just flat cool the way it is.

Just so that everyone is clear, Steve didn't ask me to pay him anything and didn't expect any type of compensation for his work. Steve asked for only two things: pay for shipping, and pay it forward to someone else who needs it. Steve I really do appreciate what you did, and without going into personal life, you really did help me more than you can imagine. If more people in this world were more like this guy, we wouldn't have some of the issues that out world has.

Let's get down to what you guys want to see:

Latest posts

Top Bottom