Should some Oklahomans be exempt from the state's income tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with an income tax is that EVERY tax is then paid with monies that have already been taxed. Plus it allows elites to make exemptions that only they qualify for.

Eliminate income tax, eliminate sales tax on essential groceries. A FLAT TAX or sales tax is FAIR. Everybody pays same percentage.

Balanced budget amendment would solve many problems. Operate as a household. No money, no spend. Overspend, Congress forfeits 1/2 pay until balanced.

Prosecute corruption would work wonders.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, I'm a tribal member and so is my wife.

giphy.gif

My wife and are as well . . .

What's pathetic is the dependency encouraged by the tribes. "Sovereign" doesn't mean "we do whatever because we're victims and you still have to foot the bill". It's sickening to see how these clowns promote that victim mentality.

It's interesting that this is your take away. Some folks within those communities are in fact very dependent on the services offered by tribes. Many like you, invoke tribal membership when it's convenient and seem to belittle others who carry that as a larger part of their identity.

Stitt wanting to treat all citizens the same really is oppression, now isn't it?

Feel free to point out where I said this . . .

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

It's interesting that this is your take away. Some folks within those communities are in fact very dependent on the services offered by tribes. Many like you, invoke tribal membership when it's convenient and seem to belittle others who carry that as a larger part of their identity.

Didn't say you did, now did I?

"very dependent on the services offered by the tribes" - and the tribes damn sure want to keep it that way.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

I can only speak for the Cherokee tribe, but a majority of benefits/social welfare is based on race, where you live and your household (tribal and non tribal) income. If your ancestors aren't on "The Rolls" you don't qualify to be a tribal member. Tribal members must reside within the boundaries of their respective tribe for most benefits. Then ultimately a welfare level income cap on most benefits.

There are wonderful and much needed social welfares for tribal members here in OK, but I haven't seen many programs that reach out and benefit the active working class. The tribes also create a lot of jobs within these programs; so theres that.

Regardless a tax system based on race should never be an accepted practice.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can only speak for the Cherokee tribe, but a majority of benefits/social welfare is based on race, where you live and your household (tribal and non tribal) income. If your ancestors aren't on "The Rolls" you don't qualify to be a tribal member. Tribal members must reside within the boundaries of their respective tribe for most benefits. Then ultimately a welfare level income cap on most benefits.

I'm Cherokee. I'm familiar with their programs and requirements to actually use them.

There are wonderful and much needed social welfares for tribal members here in OK, but I haven't seen many programs that reach out and benefit the active working class. The tribes also create a lot of jobs within these programs; so theres that.

Did you not take advantage of the tribe's COVID relief payments? That was open to everyone.

Regardless a tax system based on race should never be an accepted practice.

I agree.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Income tax shouldn't be a thing for anyone if I'm paying taxes every time I spend any of that already taxed income. Especially when the strongest argument for taxes is "Muh roads" but there has been a rim destroying pothole in my neighborhood for 3+ years now

Latest posts

Top Bottom