Side Thread: Outlawing hog hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit, I'd be pretty tickled to get to hunt hogs on the land where I hunt but I know that they'll never move into the rocky Ozark hills of Eastern Oklahoma. I damn sure wouldn't release any for the purpose of hunting...

Not sure where you are talking about particularly, but it is only a matter of time. Cross the border east and they are in 50-55 of the 70 counties in Arkansas, which are rocky Ozark hills. (http://www.arkansas.gov/abof/pdfs/ABRF_hogs_jrushing.pdf) They are all over the rocky hills in SE Oklahoma and can live in just about any habitat.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the aftermath of a semi hitting a 300+ lb jet black porker @ 70 MPH about 3am last year.... approx. 10 miles North of Vernon, TX in a pretty remote area. It wasn't pretty.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think whoever came up with the idea to let the government taking care of the hog problem is on drug or just plain stupid. people are complaining about their hog problem just for the sake of complaining because they would not let someone come in and taking care of their "problem" for them. I have been trying to get connection with people with "hog problem" and have no luck so far. the department of agriculture have a list of hunters and trappers that landowner can contact for their hog problem, i have been on that list for two years and no one call yet. so, is it really a problem or is it something that landowner like to have to boast about it?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think whoever came up with the idea to let the government taking care of the hog problem is on drug or just plain stupid. people are complaining about their hog problem just for the sake of complaining because they would not let someone come in and taking care of their "problem" for them. I have been trying to get connection with people with "hog problem" and have no luck so far. the department of agriculture have a list of hunters and trappers that landowner can contact for their hog problem, i have been on that list for two years and no one call yet. so, is it really a problem or is it something that landowner like to have to boast about it?
Would you invite me to stay at your house one weekend without ever meeting me? How bout letting me have a key come hunt deer on your lease as a trade since the hogs have spooked the deer off?

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you invite me to stay at your house one weekend without ever meeting me? How bout letting me have a key come hunt deer on your lease as a trade since the hogs have spooked the deer off?

well, that is when communication come in, if you talk to people and build a relationship, then is it more or less comfortable to have them on your land than some government ya-who with a gun?

Latest posts

Top Bottom