SIG P229 vs. Kimber Ultra Carry II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like others have said, if it's a 357 SIG or 40, then sell it to me and get the Kimber.

In all seriousness, I don't have a Kimber but I love all my P229's. A P229 SCT in 40, with a Lasemax, is my carry gun.

It's the .40S&W but at this point, I guess I'd be a fool to switch to a Kimber. Really, there's nothing I don't like about the SIG.

It's cool to know that I have a decent gun. It's the first and only handgun I own. I'm not even 21, I have lots of life ahead of me.... plenty of time to try a Kimber later on down the road ;)

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never shot the Sig P229 but I have a Kimber Elipse Ultra II and I really like it. Besides, 9mm is for those who squat to pee :-)

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both; I traded for a new Kimber Ultra Carry II with night sights -- Had some initial problems at first; I went out to shoot it the first time; the first 21 round hit on target, where I was aiming; then the next 7 I didn't hit the target -- felt like Gary Cooper in Sgt York -- "You mean I didn't hit that big old target". The front sight had come loose and was sliding in the dovetail; sent slide to Kimber; came back shoots great. The P229 I bought used 10 years ago; very accurate; puts some Hogue rubber grips on; Trijicon night sights -- works great.

Keep the Sig; save your money and get a Kimber -- You will probably change your mind on which one to get -- So many choices.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Kimber Ultra Crimson CarryII and it was the most awful firing, jamming gun I've ever owned. Heres the deal, Kimber was a great company that made respectable guns 5 years ago. Once they started mass producing them the quality went down the tube. I have been told this very same thing by gun dealers who have been around for years. Kimbers are a very attractive gun and still very pricey but the bottom line is that the quality isnt what it once was. I sold mine and bought a Springfield EMP. It's awesome

Latest posts

Top Bottom