Sig Sauer P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a true double stack. Semi staggered was the closest name I could come up with while searching. It’s closer to being a single stack than a double. I think Sig is just pushing that “semi staggered” idea a little further. They seem to be fitting 10 rds in the same grip length as the shield’s 7rd flush mag without going to the full-size grip width of a double stack.
Any stagger makes a "double stack" to me. A single stack is straight in a line like a 1911.

And for me the thinness of the Shield is it's selling point. I'd like to take a look at this Sig just for the trigger, except if it's thicker than my Shield I might as well go to a full double stack mag capacity. The points of carrying a compact to me are prioritized 1) thickness, 2) grip length, not much else matters (to me), barrel length isn't an issue at all unless it's too short.

If Sig gets the price point right I think they can give S&W and Glock some real competition.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any stagger makes a "double stack" to me. A single stack is straight in a line like a 1911.

And for me the thinness of the Shield is it's selling point. I'd like to take a look at this Sig just for the trigger, except if it's thicker than my Shield I might as well go to a full double stack mag capacity. The points of carrying a compact to me are prioritized 1) thickness, 2) grip length, not much else matters (to me), barrel length isn't an issue at all unless it's too short.

If Sig gets the price point right I think they can give S&W and Glock some real competition.

See post 22. It's "thicker" but not by much.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like it's getting pretty favorable reviews. Anyone seen any of these at local dealers? They said in the videos they are shipping now, I'm wondering what the "street price" is going to be? $599 "MSRP", maybe closer to $500 or less actual cost? I'd be interested in any info - I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to pick one up. :D

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like it's getting pretty favorable reviews. Anyone seen any of these at local dealers? They said in the videos they are shipping now, I'm wondering what the "street price" is going to be? $599 "MSRP", maybe closer to $500 or less actual cost? I'd be interested in any info - I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to pick one up. :D

I'm usually not an early adopter, alwaysnlike to,Goethe bugs out after a year or so. But dang I think I need this

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MAP is $499. We will have some in soon.

Edited. For those that don’t know, MAP Stands for a minimum average as pricing. That is set by the manufacture and is the lowest price that someone can advertise their goods for sale for. It typically represents the real world price of an item after any hype has passed.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see some direct, physical comparos between this and the Glock 43 and S&W Shield. That's got to be the most direct competition this thing has. I've got a 43, and have been considering a second (the one I have is actually my wife's). This has me reconsidering.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I love my Shield, this has my interest piqued. The 3 different mag configurations are interesting and the light/laser options don't really interest me but they are a nice touch.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
At $499 MAP, that puts it within $50 of typical G43 prices. And this has +4 rounds and night sights. And a better trigger.

ETA:
I think this would be a winner in larger sizes too. If this is a "Sub Compact" then add a "Compact" (G19 height x length).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DBEE5740-4975-473E-8665-70E1D6C3ACC7.jpeg
51BB2C6F-03CC-460A-B629-B936C8890073.jpeg
proxy.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom