Silencer for 17hmr and 22lr?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im going to have some extras cash this summer and Im in the market for my first can. Who makes a can that will work for both 17hmr and 22lr? I have read a few places that a regular 22 can isnt built to handle the pressure of the 17hmr. Anyone have any first hand experience with this?

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The AAC is a good can too. I could not tell the difference in sound between it and the spectre. The spectre was cheaper, and all stainless, so that was what I ended up with.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spectre is rated for FA with 22LR and works with SA on 22Mag, 17HMR and 5.7. I love mine.

[Broken External Image]

Mounted on one of my host CZ 452's

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not recommend the zephyr at all. It is made of aluminum. You wont be able to clean it as vigorously as you will with stainless. And .22 supressors get DIRTY....very DIRTY! You could drive nails with the spectre using it as a hammer. It is built to last. The spectre does weigh more, but I have no doubt that my grandchildren's grandchildren will be using it long after Im gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom