Single men raising kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did with little to no help from her “mom”, once I got the child support dropped years ago….she’s been a ghost. I probably know of more dead beat moms who create a hostile relationship with the dads and use the kids as a way to get what they want.
This. I am embarrassed to be a woman sometimes. This is one of those times.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex went off the deep end while she was pregnant with my daughter. We divorced but I was always there for my daughter from the day she was born. Ex was diagnosed as a bipolar schizophrenic, left my daughter with family that covered for her and was even institutionalized in a mental facility twice before my daughter was 8 years old. Even going to court for custody while she was hospitalized, the small town judge would not award me custody. I fought until I finally gained full custody when my daughter was 10 years old. By that time I had remarried so I didn’t raise her alone, but I would have if I had been given the opportunity.

My daughter took me to my knee surgery last week because my wife was out of town. While waiting for surgery, she told me how much she appreciated me always being there and showing her what a real parent was. She said she often thinks how different her life might have ended up had she not come to live with me when she was 10.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did with little to no help from her “mom”, once I got the child support dropped years ago….she’s been a ghost. I probably know of more dead beat moms who create a hostile relationship with the dads and use the kids as a way to get what they want.
My daughters mom tried to turn her against me and it obviously didn’t work, I was there for my kid no matter what, I let her go spend time with her mom who moved away from where we were when she was 7 and it would be just a few days and I’d go pick her up because they fought over her bashing me ! She hadn’t talked to her in about 7-8 yrs now and couldn’t care less. Her mom called me about 2 yrs ago to tell me she wanted my daughter to know she might have to have a pacemaker put in, I called my daughter ( she blocked her mom from her phone and Facebook) and said your mother called me today and she responded “ is she still alive” it was kinda funny but then sad at the same time.
Another good thing is I get my regular Father’s Day shout out But I also get one for Mother’s Day as well ! She usually posts something really sappy on Facebook talking about how great a mom she had and ends with the greatest mom ever “ My Dad” talk about making a guy feel good !!

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first wife passed in 2002 when my kids were very young. So, I was a single dad in the Army which can be a bit more challenging. They had to stay with my brother for a year when I got sent to Korea, but other than that I was on my own. I never used my status as an excuse to get out of anything, did my job and somehow made it happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom