SKS Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those rifles are priced about right
Be carefull with aftermarket mags its hit or miss with most
I've had both norinco and yugo's fun and cheap to shoot
I just finshed a para conversion on my yugo and like it a lot
Try survivor's sks board for more info hope this helps

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You've asked a very big question. rrd101 is right, http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php is a good place to start.

This is all my opinion. Russians are the best. Lots of folks like Yugos, but they don't have chrome-lined barrels. Chinese are generally pretty good, but there are many levels of quality in these. Then there are Romanians, Albanians, etc

I recommend a non-bubba-ed version; either one with the original 10 rd magazine or a D or M with 30 rd AK magazine.

A good way to start would be to find a clean all-matching Chinese for a max of $300.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm not an expert, I only have opinions. I wouldn't buy any of these. I guess, when it comes to SKS's, I'm what you would call a purist. I don't like bubba-ed SKS's and I don't care for Yugo's. Any recommendation I might make on these 3 would leave me feeling guilty. Spend some time on that website we sent you to earlier. Be patient. There's a good SKS showing up on here every once in a while.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like norinco guns a lot. Have a standard and a paratrooper currently. Norincos are chrome lined barrels. Most if not all are commercial guns, so fit finish seems to be a bit better. The russian is also pretty sweet, but to me sks prices are high right now, and likely to stay there as there just aren't as many of them as past times. But any sks is probably better than none. There are a bunch on auctionarms.com right now. I personally would not pay $300 for an sks period. If you are patient you can find a norinco on there for around $200. Samco has some yugo's for mid $200's currently. Freedom pawn in okc might have one in the case, but been a couple of weeks since I was there.
http://www.samcoglobal.com/1-sks.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom